• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

The Bridget character maturation was interesting to watch as well. “I’ll do it”. Brilliant.

Yeah that was awesome. She went full Donovan.

The wife and I thought it was a dream sequence at first. That poor Smitty kid... he has to wonder "wtf did I get myself into???"

yes, and good on them

Yeah, good call. Now get rid of Bunchy and I think they'll be good. Terry and Mick are good characters with shitty side stories. Bunchy is just a shitty character... with shitty side stories. Daryll is pretty good too... it's interesting to have a one kid that actually wants to be Mick's son.

Yeah, good call. Now get rid of Bunchy and I think they'll be good. Terry and Mick are good characters with shitty side stories. Bunchy is just a shitty character... with shitty side stories. Daryll is pretty good too... it's interesting to have a one kid that actually wants to be Mick's son.

See i'd remove Mick too, i feel like we've said all we can with his feuding with Ray and borderline goofy side schemes.

Terry, is the heart of the show for me, the opening five minutes of him discovering the situation at Sandy's was pure gold, and you can do more with Darryl too who serves as a fresh comic releif spot.

I also think they have a real opportunity to do well with Alan Alda's character as the shrink ( please for the love of christ don't make him turn out to be a villain)

Hahahahahahaah good one, and agree on Ray Donovan. The punches on the bad cop were impressive. The hats, not so much.

I have a man love for Liev Schreiber, so I stuck it out for those bad two seasons. Looks like they are renewed for another season. Bunchy and Terry, good grief, who scripted that?

the massive oversized hand gun they gave too was laughably bad.

See i'd remove Mick too, i feel like we've said all we can with his feuding with Ray and borderline goofy side schemes.
Oh yeah, like I said... good character but they can't write a good side story for him to save their lives. Either figure out a good story line for him or kill him off. But Bunchy can just go away. They should let the the feds take him to prison.

Terry, is the heart of the show for me, the opening five minutes of him discovering the situation at Sandy's was pure gold, and you can do more with Darryl too who serves as a fresh comic releif spot.

That was a great scene for sure. I really like Terry. That whole fight club story was stupid... otherwise he's been a good character without bad story lines. He's actually the character with the most depth... though they explored a lot more depth with Ray this season.

Darryl has all sorts of potential.

I also think they have a real opportunity to do well with Alan Alda's character as the shrink ( please for the love of christ don't make him turn out to be a villain)

Yeah there's a lot of potential there. I'm hoping for a Tony Soprano/Dr. Melfi type dynamic.

I really don't see Alda being a villain, this show doesn't really do that. That "bad guys" are pretty much clearly "bad guys" from go. But yeah... they could jump the shark with something like that.

I stopped watching Ray Donovan at around season 3. Is it worth going back?

I'm still going to say no, because while the past season was pretty good it's mostly pretty good relative to how bad the previous 2 before it are. I dont think i can put Ray up there with some of the finer stuff on TV. It's redeemed itself for those who stayed the course, but i dont think it should be bringing people back who left prior to the shitty dark ages.

The show, even at it's best has major problems coming up with decent side stories.

Meh... I never thought it got "bad." At it's worst it was still pretty good... At it's best, it's flat out awesome.

Back