• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Batman + "preparation time" >>>>

Batfleck could have been awesome for a long time. Apparently they're going for a "noir" detective movie with the next one.

I disagree though, I think DC needs the bat.

Why?

Why does DC need the batman?

I guess my major thing is if DC tries to continue to make the DCEU a thing. The weakest part of Justice league was Batman.

If they just want to make batman do his own thing and not include it in any future DCEU movies, I would be okay with that.

Why?

Why does DC need the batman?

I guess my major thing is if DC tries to continue to make the DCEU a thing. The weakest part of Justice league was Batman.

Don't blame the Bat for a bad script with a cookie cutter villain.

Why does DCEU need Batman? Huge draw, dope character. The only JLA member who is willing to "do whatever it takes" to win. The only one that fans can accept making a morally ambiguous decision to advance a good story.

If they just want to make batman do his own thing and not include it in any future DCEU movies, I would be okay with that.

the Bat is a focal point of most of the best animated justice league movies. He's the best character of the group. Superman is too perfect, Wonder Woman too one dimensional, Fishboy a bit ridiculous and limited, Flash is treated more as a plot device than a character in the animated stuff, and limited to comic relief in the DCEU so far. Cyborg is an angsty robot. He fills a necessary role as tactician, leader, spy/special ops. Yes, he's always going to be blessed with otherworldly plot armour and Euron Greyjoy like ability to teleport into the exact right position at the exact right time, every time (well, almost every time for Euron) but having that be the least powered member of the group is kind of charming as long as it's written well. In "reality", Superman doesn't need any of those scrubs. But that doesn't make much of an extended universe.

Yeah, Batman has always been basically the #1 superhero. I do think the DCEU could get by without a headlining Batman, just because WW has been pretty popular, and Marvel has proven that you don't need A-lister heroes to carry the day. But Batman has always been the main draw.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Pattinson playing Bruce Wayne. He's got a chance to really push his career if he does a good job. He's young enough to give them a series of movies. Rumors have it they'll be going more into the "best detective on the planet" take on Batman in this movie. Hopefully they get it right.

Batfleck was okay, but those films were embarrassing so it's tough to see him in a positive light.

I just don't know why they keep turning to British actors to play this part. Bale, of course, the guy is epic. But now Pattinson or Hoult? Come the **** on. Pick a no name guy over these sissy dbags.

Not sticking my neck out for Pattinson, but Bale would not have been my first choice either.

Not sticking my neck out for Pattinson, but Bale would not have been my first choice either.

He was mine. I’d already seen him in a few things as an adult and thought he was awesome.

Before the announcement was made, I was at my first job out of law school, and came across a bunch of correspondence between executives debating his appropriateness for the role, and I was like yes, do it, he’s awesome.

its actually funny but they've always ended up with a good pick for batman.

like, the worst batman was clooney, and clooney should have been able to do better than that.

Alec Baldwin was almost 89 Batman. He would have been interesting.
Clooney had horrible material to work with. So it's hard to fully judge him.

Clooney would’ve been a great Bats with a proper script and director at the helm.

Baldwin would've probably been fantastic in the role instead of Keaton, ****ing dweeb playing Bruce Wayne.

Back