• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

BTW, I really dug the new Suspiria. It's very long, many will argue the story does not need it, but very well done and creepy.

Boy talk about mega-saturation. Figured Disney would learn after the Star Wars hangover, but Dumbo/Aladdin/Lion King all being released in a 6 month period.

Boy talk about mega-saturation. Figured Disney would learn after the Star Wars hangover, but Dumbo/Aladdin/Lion King all being released in a 6 month period.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Now they are doing these live-action remakes and oversaturating the market. Dumbo did real disappointing business.

lion king is going to be awesome

but just CGI the genie and let smith voice it

ugh

i will still see it because aladdin was my childhood but still

They could have CGI'd the genie and used Robin Williams. Apparently he recorded hours of Genie dialogue that was not used in the original. Heck, Toy Story 4 is doing that with Don Rickles. He died before they could record him for it, but he's in it.

I was super excited about Beauty and the Beast when it came out, but yeah, despite Lion King and Aladdin being my 2 favorite movies when I was a kid, the fact that they're coming out so close to each other make me want to see each one less. I don't know why they didn't simply space them out so that they would release one remake a year, enough to keep people excited.

Then you also have a Lady and the Tramp remake coming out in November apparently, and Mulan next march, meaning that within a year you have 5 classic remakes. Way too much.

BTW, if you want something new, Danny Boyle's "Yesterday" is about a guy who wakes up in a world where no one knows the Beatles exist and starts doing their music.

oh

[video=youtube;g0irKUtaCaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0irKUtaCaU[/video]

Not sure it will have mass appeal but I love the premise

[video=youtube;8AjLfJJIyrg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AjLfJJIyrg&list=PLC4DAD367E52ECAF8[/video]

Back