• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

Ian Rapoport
While an opportunity awaits with the #Jets to be Adam Gase's new OC, there is a bigger one first:#Dolphins OC Dowell Loggains will interview for Miami's vacant HC job later today sources say. ...

Nice. One lunatic for the offense, one lunatic for the defense.

Can't complain about Gase first move. Hire the best, most experienced D mind out there and give him the reigns.

Yeah this move alone makes me now prefer the Gase hire to Matt Rhule....I had Rhule as my #3 option for HC, but he wanted college co-ordinators to come with him. Landing a guy like Triple G makes the Gase over Rhule move, the smart play for that reason alone.

I'll hate to lose Henry Anderson as I was a big fan of his this year.....but I'm really looking forward to having a 4-3 defense again, going all out for turnovers, and having a D that plays on the edge at all times.

Team has done a full 180 when it comes to player accountability now too, on both sides of the ball.

Yeah this move alone makes me now prefer the Gase hire to Matt Rhule....I had Rhule as my #3 option for HC, but he wanted college co-ordinators to come with him. Landing a guy like Triple G makes the Gase over Rhule move, the smart play for that reason alone.

I'll hate to lose Henry Anderson as I was a big fan of his this year.....but I'm really looking forward to having a 4-3 defense again, going all out for turnovers, and having a D that plays on the edge at all times.

Team has done a full 180 when it comes to player accountability now too, on both sides of the ball.

Why do you prefer a 4-3? I always thought a 3-4 was a better alignment for the new spread NFL

I gotta ask, how on earth did someone from BC become a Jets fan?

I spent half my life on the east coast/Toronto growing up...didn't move to BC until my 20's.

Became a NFL/Jets fan in highschool in the 90's...was a purely Toronto fan prior to that Leafs/Jays/Argos.

Why do you prefer a 4-3? I always thought a 3-4 was a better alignment for the new spread NFL

10 of the top 15 Defensive DVOA teams this past season (including Triple G's Browns) were primarily 4-3 base defenses.

For me it comes down to having lighter nible guys in the interior of the line versus one higher paid 350+ lbs NT, to stuff the run, when the run is used so much less. I'd rather have speed across my line shooting gaps, than a few fatter fukks looking to clog lanes.

I also think the 4-2-5 sub package is more effective with that kind of more nimble line that can't still cause pressure.

Ultimately it still comes down to personal, in the end....but I think Williams can do more with what we have from his 4-3, than what we were getting with our 3-4.

Triple G got the most out of Trumaine Johnson while in STL too...getting him back on track & to his Rams calibre of play, would be enormous.

Gives the Jets some more options at the draft too, as there's some beastly DT's available that we could still snag if we traded down to 6-7 range

Couple things on Gase

He had massive problems dealing with the Miami media, and often allocated blame to anyone that wasn't himself
The NYJ GM hired Gase's staff for him
Gregg Williams has an explosive personality.
The NY Media is worse than the Miami media
The Jets will probably stink for the forseeable future even if Darnold shows improvement.

Boom.

Yeah. And a college coach with one of the best reps for future pro prospects. And a Super Bowl winning coach. etc. etc.

The Fins were forced to give the job to a guy that was on literally no ones radar because all of the legit candidates had no interest. Not an enviable position.

Yeah. And a college coach with one of the best reps for future pro prospects. And a Super Bowl winning coach. etc. etc.

The Fins were forced to give the job to a guy that was on literally no ones radar because all of the legit candidates had no interest. Not an enviable position.

Are you really going with a my trash stinks less than your trash argument? when you took the failed coach from our trash heap?

Until the Jets, Bills and Dolphins aren't a laughing stock disaster that make terrible decisions, they are in fact laughing stock disasters that make terrible decisons.

And yes, you had a lineup around the block of coaches who really wanted to coach Darnold, and i think they made the worst choice possible.

Also, fwiw, Brian Flores was on a lot of radars, and also hasn't been named coach of Miami yet. We also appear to be tanking ( a good thing) and it's very possible Flores or whoever it is is just a placeholder until they are good and draft a franchise QB in 1 year ( Tua) or two ( Lawrence)

Was just going back to 2017 draft rankings to see if anyone was high on Mahommes. Mayock didn't even have him in the top 100. Good luck Oakland.

Back