• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

How did you hear about Forum Ice?

How did you hear about Forum Ice?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Myspace or Facebook

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • You came from another hockey board

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
Just googled Ice Hockey Forums. To be honest there wasn't much of a selection to choose from. I believe it was just 3 forums. The first one had a bunch of sections I wasn't interested in at all or didn't know anything at all about, the next seemed to be a lot of arguing between the members on the threads, and the other beside this one seemed to focus on hockey equipment. So I went with this forum.

Well welcome! Many of us have been posting together for over a decade so yeah, you'll see some arguments.

We only have one other Blue Jackets fan... But he's a great guy. He also doesn't post on the Jackets board cause there's nobody else there.

Welcome to Forum Ice.

We only have one other Blue Jackets fan... But he's a great guy. He also doesn't post on the Jackets board cause there's nobody else there.

Welcome to Forum Ice.

Maybe we can start something new now and post stuff on the Jackets forum. That would be awesome.

Well the Stanley Cup Playoffs have just started and yesterday I just started looking up Montreal Canadiens Forums and this one was on the list and seemed to have a good fan base as I lurked the Game Thread. So today after school I registered.

I came here because everyone else on the board I liked quit it and came here.

I don't know why they came here, but I do believe this is a much better board.

Huh, never responded under my original profile name, so don't recall how I found out about this site originally.

How I found my way BACK, though, was due to the efforts of andyt and jeffbear (who I believe are Canes mods), who saw me reference another board I used to co-moderate (and at the end co-admin). They mentioned FI was still in biz so I came back, remembered how much I enjoyed being on board the first time (though the lack of Pens board action at the time greatly discouraged me), and dove back in. Hoping to stay longer this time, "good Lord willing and the creek don't rise"! 😁
Oh, and you'll mostly find me on the Soccer boards, though I will try to get some commenting going on the Pens boards. If your team is ever playing my Pens, you can drop in for some banter.

Huh, never responded under my original profile name, so don't recall how I found out about this site originally.

How I found my way BACK, though, was due to the efforts of andyt and jeffbear (who I believe are Canes mods), who saw me reference another board I used to co-moderate (and at the end co-admin). They mentioned FI was still in biz so I came back, remembered how much I enjoyed being on board the first time (though the lack of Pens board action at the time greatly discouraged me), and dove back in. Hoping to stay longer this time, "good Lord willing and the creek don't rise"! 😁
Oh, and you'll mostly find me on the Soccer boards, though I will try to get some commenting going on the Pens boards. If your team is ever playing my Pens, you can drop in for some banter.
I'm a Hab fan but we live in Pittsburgh. My wife is a Penguins fan so I watch a lot on Pen games. We're going to the Habs/Pens game on Dec 14th.

I'm a Hab fan but we live in Pittsburgh. My wife is a Penguins fan so I watch a lot on Pen games. We're going to the Habs/Pens game on Dec 14th.
Funny thing is, a friend of mine introduced me to hockey in the early 70s, when I was in middle school living in Ohio. Our neighborhood was one of the first to get cable TV, and back then it was OOT stations, including the CBC. He was over one night and we watched Saturday Night Hockey from Canada. He'd lived in Canada for a few years before coming to the States, and the Habs were his team. If not for the WHA, and later the NHL's Barons, I might've become a Habs fan.
Today, in many ways, I still equate goaltending greatness with Ken Dryden, that Larry Robinson, Serge Savard and Guy Lapointe defined great defensemen, and of course Guy Lafleur was the quintessential forward.

I still don't think anyone has ever looked cooler than Guy Lafleur flying down the ice with his hair flowing. Looked like he was gliding at 75 mph.
Closest I can think of is 2008 playoffs when Kovalev scored after Chara ate his helmet.

He definitely didn't look 75 mph but still always looked cool when the helmet popped off and the gold was flowing.

I still don't think anyone has ever looked cooler than Guy Lafleur flying down the ice with his hair flowing. Looked like he was gliding at 75 mph.
Habs, was just telling my wife about this last night. At the end of the evening, she asked about the Pens game last night, and somehow the conversation turned to how I got into hockey, the post I shared above. Then we got into the danger element (when did helmets, visors, etc. become a thing) and I mentioned this memory you shared with her, since it's what I recalled to about watching the 70s Habs teams. She got it (though she likes better that they wear helmets now, and try to be concussion-aware. Since our son suffered several playing HS football we tend to be particularly sensitive about the subject.)

Back