• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Favourite Youtube videos

Re: OT: favourite Youtube videos

BOY, those were terrible. Is youtube really that bad?

not that i want to stick up for palin, but i don't think this is that bad. she was given the phone by an aid and told that it was sarkozy--why would she doubt it? and yeah, he starts asking ridiculous questions and saying some stupid shit, but she was led to believe it was sarkozy, and she sounds like she's just trying to be diplomatic with him. even if he's saying some ****ed up shit it's really not her place, if she IS talking to a head of state, to put them in their place or to start correcting them if they are factually incorrect.

I just found it funny, when he started saying funny shit in french.

I kinda agree with Msun. She probably should have caught on eventually mind you.
I actually thought that the news guy in the next video if you let it keep playing was even dumber. He kept saying that they should have realized that those were bad fake French accents. Meanwhile those guys are actually French and they were real accents.

I kinda agree with Msun. She probably should have caught on eventually mind you.
I actually thought that the news guy in the next video if you let it keep playing was even dumber. He kept saying that they should have realized that those were bad fake French accents. Meanwhile those guys are actually French and they were real accents.

Haha yea I saw that too, however I thought he meant she should have been able to distinguish from a France french accent and a Montreal one, not too hard to do, however to someone who has probably never met a french person, I guess it would make the task more difficult. Still, 7 minutes in she still had not caught on.

Like msun said though... if you are told it's him by your staff you gotta assume it is. I'm sure she was having her doubts.

She should've known that it wasn't the president of France. How stupid do you have to be?

She should've known that it wasn't the president of France. How stupid do you have to be?

They were saying that it took several days to set it up. Her advisers likely told her that this call was coming for a few days. Then when she gets the call she is likely a little nervous and it's a French sounding guy. Why wouldn't she think it was him?

I really don't think she should be VP and I am pulling for Obama big time, but I gotta be fair. It isn't like she was sitting at home and the guys just called randomly.

yeah, the truth is, i wouldn't put those sorts of comments past berlusconi... they were outlandish, certainly, but just because somebody is a head of state does not necessarily mean they have tact or class.

it's kind of ridiculous that she didn't seem to catch on towards the end, but like HP said, she must have had some doubts. she was in a bad position, though. if she says something condescending or puts this guy down, and it turns out to really be sarkozy, she could hurt the campaign, so i think she was just treading carefully.

Back