• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Vacations and Travel Thread

legoalie

LeAdminie
A little late getting this one up this year. I just want to wish everybody a happy and safe summer. Any big plans? Myself I have a few extended week-ends penciled in for some road trips to Vancouver with the new roadster. The main holiday comes this September when the lady and I take off to France for the whole month.. Be safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT: Summer Holidays 2011

A little late getting this one up this year. I just want to wish everybody a happy and safe summer. Any big plans? Myself I have a few extended week-ends planned for some road trips to Vancouver with the new roadster. The main holiday comes this September when the lady and I take off to France for the whole month.. Be safe!

Planning to watch Huet's training camp for an eventual NHL comeback? :)

New York for a week then Montreal where Count jr is in the Montreal Canadiens' hockey school

Ball mostly.

Going to see a game at Yankee Stadium in September though.

Reading the board lately, I would have thought more of you guys will be going to boston for the parade....

I avoided the parade route. I even avoided the localnews. Seeing the Bruins parade would likely give me an ulcer.

Summer plans started early. Took the family for a week to a nice resort in the Turks and Caicos islands last week. Likely a week in either Montreal or Toronto later this summer as well.

I avoided the parade route. I even avoided the localnews. Seeing the Bruins parade would likely give me an ulcer.

Summer plans started early. Took the family for a week to a nice resort in the Turks and Caicos islands last week. Likely a week in either Montreal or Toronto later this summer as well.

now you know why I wanted Canucks to lose

Which hotel ??? How was it ???

Turks and Caicos Islands wanted to join Canada back in the 1980s, we turned them down, how stupid of us.

Which hotel ??? How was it ???

We stayed at the Veranda resort in Providenciales, which is the large island in Turks and Caicos. It's located right next door to Beaches resort. The resort was an all-inclusive. The food was quite good and we had the choice of three restaurants at which to eat. The drinks were well made and they certainly did not skimp on the alcohol. Our room was a one bedroom suite, complete with two bathrooms, a full kitchen which had oven, microwave and fridge. They kept the fridge stocked with beer, soda, milk (for my daughter). We had an espresso machine in the room. The room had a huge deck which overlooked the whole resort. Also, our room had a DVD/PS3 and they had free movies and games to borrow for the room.

Staff was excellent and very accommodating. We all had a great time and would certainly return.

We stayed at the Veranda resort in Providenciales, which is the large island in Turks and Caicos. It's located right next door to Beaches resort. The resort was an all-inclusive. The food was quite good and we had the choice of three restaurants at which to eat. The drinks were well made and they certainly did not skimp on the alcohol. Our room was a one bedroom suite, complete with two bathrooms, a full kitchen which had oven, microwave and fridge. They kept the fridge stocked with beer, soda, milk (for my daughter). We had an espresso machine in the room. The room had a huge deck which overlooked the whole resort. Also, our room had a DVD/PS3 and they had free movies and games to borrow for the room.

Staff was excellent and very accommodating. We all had a great time and would certainly return.

If you had to pick an adult-only resort there, which one would it be ? Sandals ? We obviously don't bring the kids....and we like it when there's no kids running and screaming on the beach or beside the pool....A vacation is a vacation after all :)

If you had to pick an adult-only resort there, which one would it be ? Sandals ? We obviously don't bring the kids....and we like it when there's no kids running and screaming on the beach or beside the pool....A vacation is a vacation after all :)

I don't think there is a Sandals on TCI. Beaches is family friendly, so you would not wanto go there. The Veranda is a very quiet resort. They do have an adults only pool, but people do bring their kids to the resort. I might consider the Grace Bay Resort on Turks and Caicos if it was just me and the wife.

While I see your point, I stand by my conviction that Boston sports fans take obnoxious to a whole new level.

oh I doubt they were worse than here with the wear your jersey to work crap, our COO letting people leave early to watch games, telling us we could wear fan gear but it had to be Canucks on game days etc

I told her how you going to stop me from wearing Canadiens' stuff and did wear my jersey while we were still in.

When we make the Finals next year, I think I will wear some fan gear to grind my coworkers a bit

the whole fun of a vacation is having the tots with you, seeing them more than you usually do and yelling at them constantly

never heard as many parents screaming at children than at Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth ;)

There is no justification for hating kids. Smilie or not.

HHG should change his location to "living in purgatory".

Well, now that we have a kid, our vacation expectations have changed radically, but they'll evolve as she grows up. That was always understood, IMO.

Question for left-coasties: what's the skinny on Vancouver Island? Very interested (ocean, beach, eating fish, nature, etc.), but own-perceptions and glossy fliers are wishful thinking or obvious propaganda. Interested to learn from local/knowledgeable perspective.

Back