• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

Insane , then 20 seconds before he makes it with ease.

Might of been the plan from the beginning , call a time out just before the kick to rattle him

It was definitely the plan. It's called "icing the kicker" and coaches do it all the time. I'm not sure how effective it is statistically speaking, but it appeared to work yesterday.

It was definitely the plan. It's called "icing the kicker" and coaches do it all the time. I'm not sure how effective it is statistically speaking, but it appeared to work yesterday.

It doesn't work all that much . I watch a fair amount of games and would say maybe 25%

It was obvious which head coach had coached in the playoffs before. The Bears shouldn’t have gone for 2 points on their TD that early in the second half. Game would have been tied even with Parkey’s choke job.

It was obvious which head coach had coached in the playoffs before. The Bears shouldn’t have gone for 2 points on their TD that early in the second half. Game would have been tied even with Parkey’s choke job.

not really, as the Eagles then would have kicked instead of going for two, would have been 17-16. Still would have needed to get the FG.

Stranger two point was the Chargers going for it to go up 17 instead of 16. Sure I get it made it a 3 score game but if you missed, then it is just a 15 point game so only one 2 point is needed.

All coaches now seem to want to pull out their dicks to show they are aggressive.

not really, as the Eagles then would have kicked instead of going for two, would have been 17-16. Still would have needed to get the FG.

Stranger two point was the Chargers going for it to go up 17 instead of 16. Sure I get it made it a 3 score game but if you missed, then it is just a 15 point game so only one 2 point is needed.

All coaches now seem to want to pull out their dicks to show they are aggressive.

Even stranger was Seattle not having anyone else on their roster who can place kick, especially since Janikowski is 90 years old and weighs 300 lbs.

Even stranger was Seattle not having anyone else on their roster who can place kick, especially since Janikowski is 90 years old and weighs 300 lbs.
true but odd as it might be, it made the game closer. Two 2 point conversions and went for it 4th and 6 when normally Carhole would have kicked a FG

Not enough pressure on GOAT. Plus, when Romo can predict every pass play in OT, it doesn’t say much for the KC d. Mind you, both Ds did nothing after 3 quarters. The OT coin toss was huge. As was Dee Ford lining up in the neutral zone to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Back