• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

Thurston

Training camps are set to begin and NFL free agency is finally here.
We'll start it with news that Nnamdi Asomugha has agreed to a five-year, $60 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT: NFL thread 2011

I'm waiting for Count to say that Bill Belicheck is arrogant in thinking he can salvage Albert and Ocho....

If Jerry had signed those two, he would be an idiot running a circus. Mumbles signs them and somehow they are the greatest moves of the offseason.

Not sure what the Eagles are doing. Got an outstanding CB but they got Rodgers-Cromartie yesterday and already had Samuel. You can't play all of them.

Samuels will go to the Jets....at least that's the hypothesis according to ESPN

He wants to skip training camp....he'll be back with a contender or a team in the hunt towards November

Anyone know if NFL Sunday Ticket plays the pre-season games? I forgot to check last night.

No, they don't. The Dolphins/Falcons game is on CBS though. I just don't know if it will be nationally televised.

Should be an interesting year. Pats-Jets should be a good battle in the AFCE, though I think the Jets are looking less like the contender they were hyped as last year.

Steelers and Ravens again battle it out for the AFCN. As if being a Bengal fan isn't bad enough, the game of chicken with Palmer leaves him out of commission with a rookie QB and "mentor" Gradkowski on the field, plus without anything Palmer might have brought in a trade.

We'll see if Peyton's neck is a factor. If not, I don't expect the Texans to overcome the Colts in the AFCS

I pick the Chargers to win the AFCW, but if they start as slowly as usual, you never know. Raiders started to surprise last year, and the Chiefs added a few weapons like Breaston (if he can stay healthy).

I guess the Eagles must be considered the favorites in the NFCE. But it's still a tough division. The Giants remain a solid team and Garrett is solidifying control over the Cowboys' roster. Plus Shanahan is getting new life out of Hightower in a RB-friendly scheme and I assume his OL will be cut blocking. If any division personifies the "any given Sunday" cliche, it's this one.

The Pack actually returns with a healthier roster than they had in the Super Bowl: Rodgers to Finley all year is scary. I think Cutler is too erratic to challenge them. Detroit is improving and their defensive line is getting monstrous with Suh and Fairley. It'll be interesting to see the Vikings offense with McNabb. They still have AP, but they did lose Rice.

Suddenly the NFCS looks like it could be the toughest division--almost a toss-up among the Falcons, Saints, and Buccaneers. Though the Panthers...yikes. They could be first in line for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

And now the division no one cares about except for me: the NFCW. I'm excited to have Kolb on board. I'll take unproven over Derek Anderson and Max Hall any day. Kolb is looking good at camp and Skelton is a great developing backup. I'm excited about Ryan Williams at RB and hope Beanie can fulfill his potential. Love the addition of hometown boy Heap, and hopefully Fitzgerald is signed soon. But Bradford is for real in St. Louis. I have no idea what the Niners and Seahawks are doing, but as a Cardinals fan I've learned not to cast too many stones.

Why did the Dolphins give up on Ted Ginn?

...I think because he dropped a lot of balls and didn't like contact. He'd run out of bounds instead of heading up field for more yards because it seemed like he didn't want to get hit. But yeah, I was thinking the same thing as you while watching the 49ers game today.

You knew somehow they would lose on the road on the 10th anniversary.

Sanchez made the same mistakes Romo did but as expected, Romo will take all the blame not that at least half isn't warranted.

Sorry but not giving up the ball when you are guaranteed a two-score lead is rookie shit. Throwing a lame INT that late in the game is rookie shit. This one is on Romo... again.

He's a good QB... just not a great one.

On the flipside... you can't have two better WR's than Bryant and Austin... those guys will get you catches few others in the league can.

I really can't blame him for the fumble, he was trying to make something out of nothing. I have bigger issues with the play calling down near the goal line. Witten also should have tried to cut inside on Leonhard. The INT there is no excuse but neither is there for a blocked punt.

Back