Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287
Results 5,721 to 5,739 of 5739

Thread: OT: MLB Thread

  1. #5721
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lecoqsportif View Post
    The Impact did have di Vaio, Nesta and Drogba - Saputo knows how lavish these guys with cash. But the org backed off signing aged stars for performance reasons. They’ve changed their model, and it appears that signing aged stars from Europe is done.

    Younger B level talent from Latin America is the ticket.
    I hope so. The impact need results, they can't remain a bubble team for years.

    If grabbing B level talent from Latin America pays off, power to them. Just haven't seen any other team do it this way.

  2. #5722
    Legend lecoqsportif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    The whole MLS is B level. A levels from Latin America play in Europe.

  3. #5723
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lecoqsportif View Post
    The whole MLS is B level. A levels from Latin America play in Europe.
    MLS is on part with the Latin leagues, yes.

    But while I'm pretty its sure a lateral transfer in terms of talent that Latin player is making more bank in MLS.

  4. #5724
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lecoqsportif View Post
    The Impact did have di Vaio, Nesta and Drogba - Saputo knows how lavish these guys with cash. But the org backed off signing aged stars for performance reasons. They’ve changed their model, and it appears that signing aged stars from Europe is done.

    Younger B level talent from Latin America is the ticket.
    Great players, wrong type of stars to help grow the game....when was the last time you saw Nesta (or Di Vaio before him) give interviews, and promote the sport in MTL (irregardless of language issues).

    Some of the Expos players couldn’t speak a word of English, but you still saw them out in public promoting the team (with a translator)....
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  5. #5725
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    I’m not the biggest football fan in the world, but i can still pick Giovinco, Altiodore, Bradley out of a crowd....not sure i can recognize one Impact player out of a group sitting in a restaurant for example....
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  6. #5726
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    I’m not the biggest football fan in the world, but i can still pick Giovinco, Altiodore, Bradley out of a crowd....not sure i can recognize one Impact player out of a group sitting in a restaurant for example....
    Drogba when he was playing. But other than that, not really.

  7. #5727
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Phillies sign Bryce Harper to 13 year contract for $330,000,000. Wow. Mike Trout is very happy.

  8. #5728
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Phillies sign Bryce Harper to 13 year contract for $330,000,000. Wow. Mike Trout is very happy.
    Yes and no.

    Money wise sure but no way Phillies sign him too and iirc, he is a Philadelphia guy.

    I'm choked the Giants didn't get him, he will hit more HRs than our entire OF.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  9. #5729
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Lots of good reads on how he isn’t even top 10 best player in the MLB...outside his 2 great years (out of a total of 8 years played)
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  10. #5730
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Yes and no.

    Money wise sure but no way Phillies sign him too and iirc, he is a Philadelphia guy.

    I'm choked the Giants didn't get him, he will hit more HRs than our entire OF.
    I think there’s a very good chance the Phillies sign Trout if he gets to free agency.

  11. #5731
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Lots of good reads on how he isn’t even top 10 best player in the MLB...outside his 2 great years (out of a total of 8 years played)
    Neither Harper or Machado wanted to go to these franchises . The heavyweights chose not to open the vault for these guys .

    They took the money and took one for the PA to keep the top stars compensation high and set a new bar .

    It will be interesting to see how this Harper fiasco turns out .

    Philly fans boo landings at the airport and Santa at the mall . They will rip him to shreds if he doesnt produce big time

  12. #5732
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    I think there’s a very good chance the Phillies sign Trout if he gets to free agency.
    70 million on 2 players?
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  13. #5733
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    70 million on 2 players?
    By keeping Harper’s annual average salary at about $25 million they will not penalized by the luxury tax too much. They wouldn’t care about paying two players $70 million if one is Trout. They’re not the Expos.

  14. #5734
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    120,259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    ...and Trout is staying with the Angels.

    12 years, $430+ million.

  15. #5735
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    ...and Trout is staying with the Angels.

    12 years, $430+ million.
    MOFO ......he can buy an island in the Caribbean

  16. #5736
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    ...and Trout is staying with the Angels.

    12 years, $430+ million.
    Oh well. Take that, Bryce Harper . . .

  17. #5737
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Oh well. Take that, Bryce Harper . . .
    Trout is hands down worth WAY more than 100m than Harper over the next 12 years. I don't think Harper even thought for a second he would make more than Betts/Trout. Although, Harper gets a lot of endorsement deals too.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

  18. #5738
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
    Trout is hands down worth WAY more than 100m than Harper over the next 12 years. I don't think Harper even thought for a second he would make more than Betts/Trout. Although, Harper gets a lot of endorsement deals too.
    Not even close Trout will go down as a top 10 of all time

    I wouldn't even put Harper in the top 25 in this league right now

  19. #5739
    ADMINuteman Habspatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lookin for a place to happen
    Posts
    80,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    To this point in his career, Trout is arguably the best player in baseball history. Hard to really "overpay" him.

Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •