• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: MLB Thread

Re: OT: MLB Thread 2012

Absolutely. Bonds will never spend a minute in jail. Hopefully he'll also never spend a minute in the HOF. No ring, no plaque.

then do you take out Hank Aaron, racists who never allowed blacks to play in the majors before the 1950s etc?

In the end though, I am sure Barry doesn't care about the HOF, he has the most HR of all time, best player of his generation so why does he care

he has the most HR of all time, best player of his generation so why does he care

He probably doesn't, I can't say for sure. But if he does, it's nice to know that what he did DOES require a price to be paid.

We can argue all day about the legality of his actions and the moral ramifications, but do you honestly think that his using didn't have an affect on his numbers?

Not sure if it was that or the short porch in the stadium he built in San Francisco.

All I know is that the pitchers he was hitting were using so at best it was a level playing field

Not sure if it was that or the short porch in the stadium he built in San Francisco.

All I know is that the pitchers he was hitting were using so at best it was a level playing field

He hit 38 on the road that year. There is just no logical explanation, other than the obvious.

Bonds rarely swang at a ball outside the strike zone the year he hit 73. Does juicing help your eyesight?

Also, Bonds is a HOF even pre juicing, winning 3 MVPs before going on roids, which he only started doing after seeing twerps like Brady Anderson hit 50 HRs.

Bonds rarely swang at a ball outside the strike zone the year he hit 73. Does juicing help your eyesight?

Also, Bonds is a HOF even pre juicing, winning 3 MVPs before going on roids, which he only started doing after seeing twerps like Brady Anderson hit 50 HRs.
I agree, so why bother juicing. And there is no way he hits 73 without the juice.

He juiced because as a competitor it's hard not to when you see opponents do it. Also, the whole thing was a grey area.

In the end, he put up numbers that beat all the the other juicers like McGwore, Sosa, ARoids, Canseco etc...

I personally have never seen a hitter with a better command of the strike zone that year he hit 73. It's like every time they threw a strike, hit hit a HR.

But he still would not have hit 73 if he hadn't juiced. What was grey about it by the way.

Bonds ego got the better of him. Frank Thomas could have joined the home run parade but choose not too. Frank Thomas can probably hang around the game in some capacity as long as he wants without anybody passing judgement on him. The others are more or less embarrassed to show their face.

But he still would not have hit 73 if he hadn't juiced. What was grey about it by the way.

that's the rub though, one will never know, if anything, assuming for the moment it was cheating, he cheated himself

funny thing is...the people that just admit it have pretty much been okay (arod, andy p)

still think it is funny that everybody mocked jose for saying so many players were on riods....then 10 years later we found out he was right

no way you hit the 38,000 post mark without some use of steroids

Back