• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The GOLF Thread (The Majors, etc.)

Re: OT: The Masters - 2012

Louis Oosthuizen just got a double eagle on the 2nd hole. It's the first double eagle on the 2nd hole in Masters history. He now leads at -10

Louis Oosthuizen and Bubba Watson are going to a playoff. They both finished at -10.

Both got a par on the first playoff hole. On to the 10th hole. (2nd playoff hole)

Advantage Watson. Watson hits the green from the pine needles; Oosthuizen misses the green short from the rough.

Bubba Watson is the 2012 Masters Champion. He won on the 2nd playoff hole.

what an awesome day of golf

phil was lurking even after the triple...and i have never seen a double eagle before!
loved the scene on the green after watson won

the kind that have their kid go on to be president...aka bill clinton

bubba watson real first name is gerry btw

bubba-watson-628.jpg

Burg, can rename this thread the golf thread whe he comes back but for now I found this story interesting;

Female Golfer Picks Out Black Widow Venom with Tee, Finishes Round Like a Boss

By Gabe Zaldivar (Pop Culture Lead Writer) on February 13, 2013 58,397 reads

Daniela Holmqvist is a rookie golfer on the Ladies European Tour, and also happens to be a cross between Chuck Norris and Bear Grylls.

Golf Digest brings us one way to take care of a pesky Black Widow bite. Apparently, you dig out the venom with a golf tee.

Holmqvist was on the fourth hole at the Royal Canberra Golf Club on Tuesday during a pre-qualifier for the LPGA Tour's ISPS Handa Australian Open in Yarralumla, Australia.

She felt a sharp pain in her ankle. She looked down and noticed a spider with the markings of a Black Widow.

AP071105024948_crop_exact.jpg

That's when most people would panic (and yours truly would start sobbing), but not the young Swede. Rather than seek medical attention, Holmqvist decided to perform impromptu surgery.

As Holmqvist's leg started to swell and the pain became intense, she made the quick decision to take matters into her own hands (she'd just been informed that a Black Widow bite can kill a child in as little as 30 minutes). She pulled a tee out of her pocket ("it was the only thing I had handy," she told Svensk Golf) and used it to cut open the wound so she could squeeze out the venom and keep it from spreading inside her body.

"A clear fluid came out," she said. "It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever done, but I had to get as much of it out of me as possible."

Without skipping a beat, she then proceeded to finish her round, shooting a 74.

That score, by the way, was not good enough to get her into the ISPS Handa Australian Open.

For an act of such amazing savagery, I say Holmqvist deserves a lifetime inclusion in any tournament known to man. Hell, let her into March Madness for all I care.

I particularly appreciate her plight because of my undying fear of spiders. Any waltz through a spider web is greeted with 15 minutes of flailing wildly as if I were suddenly set on fire. Even Tobey Maguire creeps me out because he once played Spider-Man.

Anyhoo, we should now build a statue in Daniela Holmqvist's honor. And to the Black Widow that tried its best to take down a rookie golfer: You lose, buddy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1528184-golfer-picks-out-black-widow-venom-with-tee-finishes-round-like-a-boss?hpt=hp_t2

Comments on the story indicate the spider was likely the Redback, which looks much like the Black Widow.

Back