• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fanboy fight: XBox V Playstation

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
after going ages without one, I think I'm going to break down and buy a game system. Owned a 360 before and liked it, never owned a PS3 and have heard good things....

Sell me on your preference, fanboys.

Re: OT - Fanboy fight: XBox 360 V PS3

I like the game selection and graphics much better on the 360. Just a personal preference though.

The playstation is a better overall system but that controller sucks.

If you like sports games then go xbox.

Of course, I just bought both (wanted the PS3 for bluray).

I have a 360 but wish I had went with the PS3... if for no other reason than their online gaming is free.

If you can find a good cheap deal then just take the cheapest one. With the next year the PS4 and xBox 720 will likely be out. That's what I`m waiting for before I spend any more money on mine.

I swore by the 360 for years...then bought the PS3 and never touched the xbox again.

So the blu ray player is a big plus...if you need one.

Other than that I would say just look at what games you like that are platform specific.

Somebody else will have to tell you about online play though as Im not that in to any of the games to play much online.

I have a 360 but wish I had went with the PS3... if for no other reason than their online gaming is free.

If you can find a good cheap deal then just take the cheapest one. With the next year the PS4 and xBox 720 will likely be out. That's what I`m waiting for before I spend any more money on mine.

doubt it

edit:
which is to say i think the rumours of late 2013 release will not happen
im guessing summer of 2014

I swore by the 360 for years...then bought the PS3 and never touched the xbox again.

So the blu ray player is a big plus...if you need one.

Other than that I would say just look at what games you like that are platform specific.

Somebody else will have to tell you about online play though as Im not that in to any of the games to play much online.

Honestly, this. I prefer Forza to Gran Turismo so I'd get Xbox360. If there's something PS3 has that you like that 360 doesn't, go for it.

Why not? You don't think Sony or Microsoft would want a massive revenue increase? These machines have been out for a long time already.

I dont expect them to be ready (edited my post)

Any specifics here? I've really only ever been an EA sports game guy, but I've been thinking about giving some fighting/1st person shooters a whirl. No idea which are platform specific though.

hooker.gif

HP is right about the ps3 online being free. Was big for me as dont care too much for online play but dont mind getting updated rosters and playing the odd game.

If it is sports games you want to play I believe the EA games are 60 fps on xbox and only 30 fps on ps3. But I cant see much difference.

I believe Halo is the big one for xbox....Forza as well
Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, God of War for ps3

Back