• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Leafs @ Ducks | 10:00PM EST - Randy's return to the Duck Pond

number17

Mod Squad
Tonight will be the first time Randy returns to Anaheim since getting fired by the Ducks 2 seasons ago. The Leafs have played the Ducks once, a 4-2 victory for the good guys at home, but this marks the first time Randy's back to the place he hoisted the cup.

Another win tonight won't be an easy task though, as the Ducks are a top team this year. They are on pace to a 120 points season, second only to St.Louis in the entire league. They lost their last 2 games in OT, but have won 3 in a row prior to that.

They are better than us offensively, defensively and special teams. It will be a tough game, but a good measuring stick on where the leafs sit vs. the best teams in the league.

Let's hope our 1st line comes to life tonight, and Bernier stands on his head ... we'll need both.

Go Leafs!!!

Re: GDT - Leafs @ Ducks | 10:30PM EST- Randy's return to the Duck Pond

This is actually a great rink to watch a game if you ever get a chance. Of course, the quack, quack, quack chant kinda threw me off.

I'm guessing Randy has a pretty good gameplan against the Ducks...we'll see how it goes. Kessel and Van Riemsdyk look a little out of gas, so I hope Randy is careful with the icetime on this trip.

This is actually a great rink to watch a game if you ever get a chance. Of course, the quack, quack, quack chant kinda threw me off.

[video=youtube;ZyVF1glhAfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVF1glhAfk[/video]

heads up: looks like the game starts at 10 not 1030

Can't believe you F'ed with my win streak, #17.

Sorry dude ... Don't believe in streaks ...

But if we lose tonight you can start the next game :)

Is Bolland playing tonight? Hopefully Clarkson is still out

One large order of roast duck coming up.

Looks like we will see the return of Orr-McClement-McLaren tonight

Ducks haven't been the unbeatable first half ducks recently. 4-4-2 in their last 10, 7-6-2 in their last 15. Coming back down to earth a bit and definitely beatable.

Orr is out of lineup for at least tonight.

It takes injuries to save Randy from himself.

Siegel just said that it "looks like Orr will play tonight"

I'm praying to whatever deity I can think of that Orr and McLaren are dumped this offseason.

I'm praying to whatever deity I can think of that Orr and McLaren are dumped this offseason.

Yeah, agreed. The strength of our prospect cupboard is how many guys we have coming up that look to have the potential to be effective 3rd and 4th line guys. There's no need for Orr, McLaren.

Any word on the $5.75 million anchor?

Good news is, as stubborn as Carlyle is, he will NOT put Orr or McLaren in the lineup.

Still, it'd be stupid to play Orr or McLaren tonight.

I kinda liked how he played 7 dmen, get Ranger into the lineup (BTW he was playing very well) and double-shift 1 of Kessel, Lupul or Bozak to make up the 12 forwards.

Bodie played great, he should continue to play on the 3rd line. And that is who would take Clarkson's spot. No need to put McLaren or Orr back in the lineup.

Vs. the Flyers, yeah maybe I can at least understand why he thinks there might be fireworks. The Ducks? There's no animosity between the 2 clubs that don't even play each other once every year.

Back