• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Leafs @ Wings | 7:30PM SNET Wings for dinner tonight

number17

Mod Squad
After a 1st period letdown in Washington, the Leafs are on to the final stop of the 5 games roadtrip. Spotting a 2-2 record thus far, the Leafs can definitely call this trip a success if they come home with 2 points from tonight.

The Wings are 3 points out of the last playoff berth as of this morning, for sure they will be fighting for their lives tonight. Going 4-5-1 over its past 10, the Wings have been struggling and are definitely a very beatable team.

For the buds, I hope they learned the lesson you cannot show up 20 minutes late and hope to win the game playing 2 periods. The PK was especially awful vs. the Caps and for sure DET will try to win the games on PP tonight.

And while Detroit is fighting for its life, it's not like we're all set with position. With Tampa and MTL winning the past 2 days, we have fallen back to the wild card spot and lost home ice in round 1. It is much preferred, especially if we try to win a round this year, that we gain home ice and avoid PIT and BOS in round 1.

Let's hope we end the road trip on a high note!

Go Leafs Go!!!

They need to win this. Need to maintain separation from those bubble teams.

At worst, the Leafs need to split the next 4. And this might be the easiest of those 4 games.

I'll be disappointed if the Leafs don't display some killer instinct here. The Wings are on the outside looking in, and are suffering through some pretty serious injury problems. Now's the time to stomp on their throats and leave them pretty much insurmountably behind us in the standings.

If they beat us, it'll leave them just one point behind the final wild card spot, and they'll close the gap between them and us to five points.

Far from a must win, but a huge game nonetheless.

Unfortunately the end of a long roadie is never easy, no matter who the opponent is.

A win here would sure make the homestretch a lot less nervy, that's for sure.

I think it's pretty much in must win territory, with much tougher games coming up against 2 teams they're trailing in the division and another against the best team in the league right now.

I don't wanna keep giving the team excuses ... last game was 'the first game back in the EST time zone', this game is 'the last game of a long road trip' and the next one is "the first one back at home after a long road trip" + "back to back games" ...

Just win, baby. Just win.

I think it's pretty much in must win territory, with much tougher games coming up against 2 teams they're trailing in the division and another against the best team in the league right now.

Its not even a must win for detroit, let alone the leafs.

Its not even a must win for detroit, let alone the leafs.

given how tight the race is, they cannot afford to keep squandering points to sub-500 teams. losses to Detroit, montreal and Tampa Bay would make home ice a stretch, and put them on the bubble for a stretch run.

This is a tough four game run, and tonight's game is by far the easiest matchup of the 4. Losing it might not be fatal to the season, but it's a game they might not be able to afford to lose.

watching this at the bar with my 2 special people.

You can have as many imaginary friends as you like you know...

I hope the flu is done with the team, haven't heard much about it.
I expect Reimer should have his legs under him now, he's had some starts to get into a rhythm, here's hoping he's great tonight.
And watch the rebounds, jeez...

You can have as many imaginary friends as you like you know...

I hope the flu is done with the team, haven't heard much about it.
I expect Reimer should have his legs under him now, he's had some starts to get into a rhythm, here's hoping he's great tonight.
And watch the rebounds, jeez...

pfft, you manage all those egos.

Whatever this team is doing to start games, they need to change their routine. Whether it's the music, no vocal leader in the dressing room, whatever it is...if things aren't working, try the opposite.

I know they're a young bunch, but haven't they seen Seinfeld?

Whatever this team is doing to start games, they need to change their routine. Whether it's the music, no vocal leader in the dressing room, whatever it is...if things aren't working, try the opposite.

I know they're a young bunch, but haven't they seen Seinfeld?

There is NO reason they should be slow to start games, they may be young but most guys are either approaching their prime or well into it. Also they are one of the fastest skating teams in the league again they should be coming out right away and using their speed to put the heat on the opposition instead of sitting back and waiting for the other team to strike.

Back