• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Hey, I heard there was a somewhat important game tonight

Krustchev

Win tonight and we probably start the playoffs at home, and more importantly, get the seventh game at the Bell (if there is one).

I don't know why but I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs start on the road with the initial pressure on TB to maintain the home ice advantage...get that split and have the important games on home ice like game 3 and 6

I don't know why but I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs start on the road with the initial pressure on TB to maintain the home ice advantage...get that split and have the important games on home ice like game 3 and 6

Im fine with that so long as we do not pull a repeat of last year where we take our foot off the gas once we clinch a playoff spot.

But I am more comfortable with the team trying to get home ice and keeping the momentum going.

The other factor is....do we rest Price if we are battling for home ice? or do we take our chances with budaj and being the road team?

Big test for the boys tonight. It will show us if they are "built for the playoffs". Have to win...and play well doing it.

IF we had shown an ability to win at home after doing so on the road, fine, but the last three times we have swept on the road to start the series, we have lost the series, that is pretty hard to do. Rangers in 1996, Whalers in 2006 and Bruins in 2011.

Big test for the boys tonight. It will show us if they are "built for the playoffs". Have to win...and play well doing it.

There are no more tests, we have passed everything so far this year. The constant putting up tests argument is bullshit. Sooner or later you fail a test and then you can say, see told you.

They have won in Boston twice, in Anaheim, in New York, in Toronto when they had to do so, in Detroit. How many more tests do they have to pass?

I don't think this game's all that important, quite meaningless actually IMO - the playoffs are a totally different beast, very little correlation to regular season. Recall, when the Boston beatdown happened in 2012, the Habs were supposed to get clocked by the Bruins in the playoffs, lo and behold it takes a goal in OT of game 7, after the Habs came from behind in the 3rd to tie it in the Gardens.

There are no more tests, we have passed everything so far this year. The constant putting up tests argument is bullshit. Sooner or later you fail a test and then you can say, see told you.

They have won in Boston twice, in Anaheim, in New York, in Toronto when they had to do so, in Detroit. How many more tests do they have to pass?

As many as I say.

Back