• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 20 : Penguins vs. Canadiens : Nov. 18th, 2014

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

extralarge.png
VS2_zps5e9e1f25.gif
Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png

2014-15 Regular Season Record:

large.png

12-3-1 : 25 Points
(1st Place in the Metropolitan Division)

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

14-4-1 : 29 Points
(1st Place in the Atlantic Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Pittsburgh

3395.gif

#29 Marc-Andre Fleury
GPI: 13
Wins: 10
Loses: 3
OTL: 0
SO: 3
GAA: 2.13
Save%: .925

Montréal

PriceMask_zpse40bd7dd.jpg

#31 Carey Price
GPI: 15
Wins: 11
Loses: 3
OTL: 1
SO: 1
GAA: 2.49
Save%: .919

Penguins Player Roster
Link

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (15)P.A. Parenteau
(11)Brendan Gallagher - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (27)Alex Galchenyuk
(26)Jiri Sekac - (81)Lars Eller - (8)Brandon Prust
(20)Manny Malhotra - (22)Dale Weise

defencemen.gif

(79)Andrei Markov - (76)P.K. Subban
(77)Tom Gilbert - (76)P.K. Subban
(74)Alexei Emelin - (43)Mike Weaver
(28) Nathan Beaulieu

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(35)Dustin Tokarski

Meetings Last Season:

Nov. 23rd, 2013:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Jan. 22nd, 2014:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Feb. 27th, 2014:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png
5 (SO)

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Penguins

None

Former Penguins Now Playing For The Canadiens

(55)Sergei Gonchar

5df9e7a6213d6e04d562776c620d1fe8_zpsef479327.jpg

Desharnais51Pit_zpse55c223f.jpg

Plek14Pit_zps940bb9e1.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:30 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
SportsNet-East_zps785e529a.png
&
ROOTsports.gif

Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020272

Canadiens host Penguins in battle of division leaders

By David Kalan

PENGUINS (12-3-1) at CANADIENS (14-4-1)

TV: ROOT, RDS, SNE

Season series: Tuesday night will be the first time the Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens, the two division leaders in the Eastern Conference, meet this season. Montreal won two of three against Pittsburgh in 2013-14, winning the season series with a 6-5 shootout victory on Feb. 27 after the Canadiens and Penguins had split their two previous meetings.

Penguins team scope: Following a 3-2 shootout victory against the New York Rangers on Saturday night, Pittsburgh comes into Tuesday not just in first place, but winner of nine of its last 10 games. The Penguins will be shorthanded up front Tuesday night, as Pascal Dupuis, who did not practice on Monday, will not be making the trip to Montreal. The Penguins may get a big piece back on the blue line, however, as defenseman Olli Maatta will be a game-time decision and could play his first game since having a cancerous tumor on his thyroid removed just two weeks ago. "Mentally for sure, I want to get out there," Maatta said on Tuesday. "It's been a couple weeks since I've played, so yeah, I'm hungry there. But I've got to still take it easy, not rush it. But we'll see tomorrow." The original prognosis for Maatta, who underwent the procedure on Nov. 4, was to miss four weeks.

Canadiens team scope: Despite Pittsburgh's recent surge, Montreal might be the hottest team in the NHL of late. The Canadiens have won six in a row, their first such stretch since March 2010, and as a result have jumped to the top of the League standings. Those wins haven't been of the close variety either. Over a recent four-game homestand, Montreal outscored its opponents by a combined 18-5 margin before beating up the Detroit Red Wings, 4-1, on the road in its most-recent game on Sunday night. In addition to flexing their offensive muscle, the Canadiens are proving to be durable, as their six-game winning streak has happened over a span of just 12 days. "We were playing our fourth game in six days, back-to-back and playing a Detroit Red Wings team that's a good team that plays with good structure," coach Michel Therrien said on Sunday. "We could have had a lot of excuses, but the guys didn't take any excuses."

Does Nathan get the odd shift up front? Or is that my boozy fuelled imagination?

Fleury looks like he's having an awesome year -- never impress when I see him play.

Well another big test for our team. Actually the whole week is a big test. After Pittsburgh, you have STL, Boston at home and the Rangers at home back to back no less. Really see if we are as good as we hope.

Go Habs!

These are just games. Test is the playoffs. The rest is just waiting around for the good stuff.

These are just games. Test is the playoffs. The rest is just waiting around for the good stuff.

Someone wrote that even if we just go .500 the rest of the season, we end up with 92 points likely enough to get in. I cannot see us just going .500 either.

You are right, now we are fighting for seeding!

Someone wrote that even if we just go .500 the rest of the season, we end up with 92 points likely enough to get in. I cannot see us just going .500 either.

You are right, now we are fighting for seeding!

The buildup is fun but all anyone remembers is how well we did in the playoffs.

Back