• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF 2015: WCQF: Ducks VS Jets, Game 2, 04/18/2015

Baltic Gal

Western Conference Quarter Finals

48652432015.gif

Game 2

Game 1: Ducks win 4-2 Lead series 1-0

Ducks (P1) VS Jets (W2)

ljsvjjb9bbxvu8n54prrqsqrt.gif
z9qyy9xqoxfjn0njxgzoy2rwk.gif

04/18/2015

In Anaheim,CA

@7:30PM Pacific Time

Preview:

[h=1]Ducks Look to Take 2-0 Series Lead Tonight vs. Winnipeg[/h]
JETS at DUCKS

TV: NHLN-US, NBCSN, SN, TVA, PRIME

Anaheim leads best-of-7 series 1-0

The Anaheim Ducks will try to take a 2-0 series lead when they host the Winnipeg Jets in Game 2 of the Western Conference First Round at Honda Center on Saturday.

The Jets will attempt to win their first Stanley Cup Playoff game since moving to Winnipeg from Atlanta.

The Ducks and Jets combined for 83 hits in Game 1, which they had anticipated.

The Jets finished eighth in the NHL in the regular season with 2,409 hits; the Ducks ranked 10th (2,301). Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau predicted more of the same for Game 2.

"I think it's the DNA of both teams to play like that," said Boudreau. "We're both physical teams. There were a lot of hits. That's what makes seven-game series so interesting. I don't think too much will change. If anything, it'll ramp up."

“It’ll continue throughout the series," said Ducks defenseman Clayton Stoner. "Whether every guy is in the lineup at the end of the series, we’ll see. I expect it to keep up. It was right up there with other playoff games we’ve been in. You prepare yourself for a physical series, but in the back of your mind you’re not thinking about how tough it’s going to be. You don’t really put judgment on how many hits there are going to be.”

The experienced Ducks plan to continue testing the Jets' discipline in Game 2. Winnipeg, whose 308 times shorthanded in the regular season were most in the league, allowed two Anaheim goals on three power-play chances in Game 1.

"For us, we've got to continue laying the body," Ducks forward Patrick Maroon said. "We can't stop what we're doing. We've got to keep playing hard and playing between the whistles. That's playoff hockey, and that's what it's all about, just to get underneath [Winnipeg's] skin and [get them] rattled."

Winnipeg will need to figure out a way to slow down the Anaheim combination of center Ryan Getzlaf (one goal, two assists) and Corey Perry (two goals, two assists) that produced the third-period comeback. The Ducks led the league in the regular season with 12 wins when trailing after two periods.

Injured Jets forward Mathieu Perreault (lower body) joined his teammates at practice Friday after missing Game 1. Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice said he did not have an update on Perreault for Game 2.

The Jets also will need more offensive production from their first line. Left wing Andrew Ladd does not have a goal in his past 12 games. Center Bryan Little, who missed 11 games in March because of an upper-body injury, has one assist in six games since returning to the lineup.

"We've got some things we can do better, and I'm sure they'll say the same thing about their game," Maurice said. "But you got your money's worth from [Game 1]. If you want to see two teams go at it, that was a good, physical hockey game, and it was fun to be a part of."

The series moves to Winnipeg for Game 3 on Monday.

The Atlanta Thrashers were swept by the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in 2007.

h6D70A118

h3A833E9F

Back