• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

I think you would need to offer up 1-2 first rounders as well

is the habs were not willing to give up 2 firsts, a second, and a third for a MUCH better player and a much more important position they are not going to do anything close to what even sal said

I can see Marner getting more than that for sure.

Laine as well.

Point will probably take a discount because that is what Tampa does.
I think the GMs are in full collusion mode - the pitch will be Mathews is a goal scoring C and that merits high value, wingers don’t, and be prepared to sit out the season if you don’t sign in the $9M range.

Yeah, who wants a one dimensional 4O GOAL SCORER? After all, they're a dime a dozen.

A 40 goal scorer who scored 30g 50p in a full 82 games last year and brought absolutely nothing else to the table. He's going to cost $9m+ and take a shitload in assets too.

Floaters who get paid big money tend to get shredded.
That assumes a 21-year old has stagnated on his development curve....

Stevie Y was nearly 30 when he changed his entire game approach after Scotty ripped him a new one.

If Laine was a Ruskie I’d say he’s cooked but he isn’t...

Why do you keep calling him a floater. I’ve seen him play a dozen games last year, not sure I noticed him floating. He was usually intense, not a defensive whiz, but not a floater either.

Hockey30 reporting Jeff Carter refused to waive for Mtl - Habs / Kings had a deal in place. Carter was willing to waive for Coyotes but they ended up acquiring Kessel instead.

I find this interesting since Carter has no NTC/NMC in his deal but do recall last deadline he did threaten to retire if dealt.

Last edited:
That assumes a 21-year old has stagnated on his development curve....

Stevie Y was nearly 30 when he changed his entire game approach after Scotty ripped him a new one.

If Laine was a Ruskie I’d say he’s cooked but he isn’t...

Going off interviews I've read I'd say the issue is Laine is arrogant and it's hard to teach arrogant players to play differently without the puck.

Why do you keep calling him a floater. I’ve seen him play a dozen games last year, not sure I noticed him floating. He was usually intense, not a defensive whiz, but not a floater either.

You watched Laine play a dozen intense games? Seriously? I've never seen him be intense in the slightest. He has a great shot.... he floats around waiting for someone to get him the puck. Being from Winnipeg, I have a lot of Jet fan friends and every single one of them hates Laine.

I don't even have a big problem with a player like that. Scoring goals is what it's all about. I just don't want to pay a player like that $9m+ and give up a bunch of good assets for it.

It's pretty damning that he had less points last year than our very own floater. Plus all the other horrible possession and defensive metrics.

You watched Laine play a dozen intense games? Seriously? I've never seen him be intense in the slightest. He has a great shot.... he floats around waiting for someone to get him the puck. Being from Winnipeg, I have a lot of Jet fan friends and every single one of them hates Laine.

I don't even have a big problem with a player like that. Scoring goals is what it's all about. I just don't want to pay a player like that $9m+ and give up a bunch of good assets for it.

I wouldn't have an issue with Laine @ $6M aav. At $9M? Eff that, he's not rounded enough for that kind of money.

What he means is that he looked at a dozen or so of boxscores and saw that Laine is 6'5". It's unpossible to be 6'5" and not be intense, right? Oh and he scores goals, a small plus...

...which is about the extent of his evaluation of every single player.

Back