• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

I’d take Johnson over Alzner though.

Sure, but acquiring Johnson to play alongside Alzner is basically suicide if you're trying to contend or a great way to unintentionally tank.

And Bob McKenzie think he'll get +/- $6M. Get the **** outta here with that.

Sure, but acquiring Johnson to play alongside Alzner is basically suicide if you're trying to contend or a great way to unintentionally tank.

You fire the GM that gives him that money

jack johnson?

that guy might actually be worse than alzner

Can we use some of these 2nd round picks to dump Alzner on someone?

Geezus what a mess.

Nope and I wouldn't want to. It'd be one thing if we were contenders that needed the capspace, but we're not and we have no prospects. We need those picks in the hope of hitting a few times more than we need to get rid of Alzner.

I suppose Alzner deserves one more chance. With a new defense coordinator next season , maybe that turns his game around. If there is no improvement, go for the buyout.

I wonder if that is a question in the interview process ( What would you do with Alzner?) LOL

I suppose Alzner deserves one more chance. With a new defense coordinator next season , maybe that turns his game around. If there is no improvement, go for the buyout.

He stinks , he is a 5/6 and we paid him like a top 4

Buyout is too stupid and costly

Need to wait 2 more years to hopefully get him traded or complied if applicable

He stinks , he is a 5/6 and we paid him like a top 4

Buyout is too stupid and costly

Need to wait 2 more years to hopefully get him traded or complied if applicable

Then the option is to make him into a decent bottom pairing and hopefully another team takes him with the Habs retaining part of his salary. It will take a couple of years for the prospects to develop anyway.

Then the option is to make him into a decent bottom pairing and hopefully another team takes him with the Habs retaining part of his salary. It will take a couple of years for the prospects to develop anyway.

it was moronic and guaranteed failure move from day 1

it was moronic and guaranteed failure move from day 1

For sure, would have been better off with Barberio and Pateryn than Alzner, Schlemko . When its obvious your team isnt close enough to being a true contender, you dont sign average veterans to big contracts. You ride your cheap contract, younger players until you develop better players. Barberio and Pateryn were cheap and were capable enough to fill the gap for the next couple of years.

For sure, would have been better off with Barberio and Pateryn than Alzner, Schlemko . When its obvious your team isnt close enough to being a true contender, you dont sign average veterans to big contracts. You ride your cheap contract, younger players until you develop better players. Barberio and Pateryn were cheap and were capable enough to fill the gap for the next couple of years.
Even when you're close to contending, you don't sign them either.

I wonder if that is a question in the interview process ( What would you do with Alzner?) LOL

turns his game around?
what we saw this year.....that was normal alzner

Wow, if he was so bad then how could the Habs sign him to such a contract. And dont forget other teams like Winnipeg were in on the Alzner bidding too.

Even when you're close to contending, you don't sign them either.

Orpik makes big coin but is slotted perfectly on a very good team team in Washington .

He was solid in the playoffs and it finally paid off with a ring .

I agree with you but there are some exceptions for some teams.

We have no shot at anything and all bandaid BS deals with role player vets with term and big $ make no sense whatsoever .

Yep... veteran role players can be the final piece of the puzzle, Butch Goring was a prime example.

Orpik makes big coin but is slotted perfectly on a very good team team in Washington .

He was solid in the playoffs and it finally paid off with a ring .

I agree with you but there are some exceptions for some teams.

We have no shot at anything and all bandaid BS deals with role player vets with term and big $ make no sense whatsoever .
Even though they won this year and he was useful, I'm still not a fan of that contract. 5.5 is too much for a player like Irpik, especially with term.

Can we use some of these 2nd round picks to dump Alzner on someone?

Geezus what a mess.

Alzner is the type of plug that helps the rebuild/retool. You need poor players to ensure good draft picks. The Alzner's and a Plek's of the world are good things at this juncture.

Last edited:
Back