Page 975 of 993 FirstFirst ... 475875925965973974975976977985 ... LastLast
Results 19,481 to 19,500 of 19856

Thread: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

  1. #19481
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    new rumour is that Roy is going to interview for the job
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  2. #19482
    Legend lecoqsportif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    André Roy?



  3. #19483
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    I just can’t see Roy working for a guy like Melnyk
    Go Habs Go!

  4. #19484
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Hickey on hockey: Mitch Marner is worth offer-sheet risk for Canadiens
    Habs GM hates giving up picks, but two firsts, a second- and a third-rounder is a fair price to pay for a 22-year-old who is already a star.

    https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...ey-on-hockey-5


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  5. #19485
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    no thanks

  6. #19486
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Hickey on hockey: Mitch Marner is worth offer-sheet risk for Canadiens
    Habs GM hates giving up picks, but two firsts, a second- and a third-rounder is a fair price to pay for a 22-year-old who is already a star.

    https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...ey-on-hockey-5
    Sign him to 9m+ a year, and have no room to add another forward, and any improvement on D ANDDDD lose the next 2 firsts. Sounds like a great idea, Hickey sure knows hockey! But it's these kind of opinion pieces that force the habs to make dumb moves and not win anything for 25 years because the fans/journalists are impatient and don't understand how things work.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

  7. #19487
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    61,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    If you think offer sheeting him is solely in the hopes of us getting him, you're wrong.

    It's to force Toronto to have to overpay for him. No way in hell is two 1sts, one 2nd & a 3rd fair value for Marner. Well the problem then becomes, Toronto is forced to match.

    That said, there's no chance Marner signs for $9M. If he's foolish enough to accept $9M, Toronto matches in a second. He'll be getting about the same as Auston Matthews, which would cost four 1sts. That would be something I wouldn't be sure if I'd pay for Marner.
    Last edited by GGpX; 05-20-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    I probably work too much for my own good.

  8. #19488
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    If you think offer sheeting him is solely in the hopes of us getting him, you're wrong.

    It's to force Toronto to have to overpay for him. No way in hell is two 1sts, one 2nd & a 3rd fair value for Marner. Well the problem then becomes, Toronto is forced to match.

    That said, there's no chance Marner signs for $9M. If he's foolish enough to accept $9M, Toronto matches in a second. He'll be getting about the same as Auston Matthews, which would cost four 1sts. That would be something I wouldn't be sure if I'd pay for Marner.
    That was the stupidest part of the post.

    Marner wants 10+, which costs 4 first rounders. This team is one Carey price injury from a lottery pick, no way they give up 4 first rounders.

  9. #19489
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    I wrote 9m+ , which could encompass all amounts over! lol. But, if you think the habs are going to offer sheet TO just to get them to overpay him by .5-1m that makes no sense. They just overpaid Nylander by a full 1-1.5, and it would be too risky. Also, Hickey assumed it would be under 10.1m, which would anyone here really want him signed for more? If Marner wants 10m+ , I highly doubt this team would give up 4 1st round picks. (please say I did not just jinx the team and MB will do it)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

  10. #19490
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    I would offer sheet Kapanen or Johnson. Both young and proven. Anything less than $4M costs just a 2nd rounder.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  11. #19491
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    That was the stupidest part of the post.

    Marner wants 10+, which costs 4 first rounders. This team is one Carey price injury from a lottery pick, no way they give up 4 first rounders.
    Actually.... $8,454,872 - $10,568,589 per 2019 compensation results in as Hickey said:

    “If the Canadiens offered Marner a salary between US$8.54 million and US$10.56 million and they are successful, the Canadiens would have to give the Leafs two first-round draft choices, as well as a second-rounder and a third-rounder.”

    As GG stated there’s zero chance Leafs would not match $10.568M AAV...but they get royally screwed in the process and pretty much kiss Shana-Plan goodbye as Tavares + Mathews + Marner would be making over 40% of the cap
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 05-20-2019 at 05:09 PM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  12. #19492
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
    I wrote 9m+ , which could encompass all amounts over! lol. But, if you think the habs are going to offer sheet TO just to get them to overpay him by .5-1m that makes no sense. They just overpaid Nylander by a full 1-1.5, and it would be too risky. Also, Hickey assumed it would be under 10.1m, which would anyone here really want him signed for more? If Marner wants 10m+ , I highly doubt this team would give up 4 1st round picks. (please say I did not just jinx the team and MB will do it)
    Any team that is stupid enough to offer sheet Marner needs to go 13+
    Last edited by GEEMAN; 05-20-2019 at 06:19 PM.

  13. #19493
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Actually.... $8,454,872 - $10,568,589 per 2019 compensation results in as Hickey said:

    “If the Canadiens offered Marner a salary between US$8.54 million and US$10.56 million and they are successful, the Canadiens would have to give the Leafs two first-round draft choices, as well as a second-rounder and a third-rounder.”

    As GG stated there’s zero chance Leafs would not match $10.568M AAV...but they get royally screwed in the process and pretty much kiss Shana-Plan goodbye as Tavares + Mathews + Marner would be making over 40% of the cap
    They are screwed period . That 91 contract did them in .

  14. #19494
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    David Schoen

    @DavidSchoenLVRJ
    Defenseman Colin Miller reportedly is being shopped by the Golden Knights, who are looking to shed salary this offseason.

    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...iller-1668627/


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  15. #19495
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    There is Validity to a post mentioned above about offer sheeting as a strategy to screw a teams payroll plan.

    The Leaf situation could be an example of a rival team wanting to put an even bigger sting in the payroll crunch the Leafs are going to be in this summer.

    Dubas has mentioned that any offer sheet will be matched....if some team wants Marner and is ready to go to 11-12 mil there are good chances the Leafs will match despite the tempting compensation.

    At that point Dubas has pretty much lost any leverage he has or had because of a rival GM

    And Dubas also realizes like some of us here that whatever the compensation is there is a tiny percentage that any of those draft picks become as good as Marner so he will still rather have his star forward
    Go Habs Go!

  16. #19496
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    I would offer sheet Kapanen or Johnson. Both young and proven. Anything less than $4M costs just a 2nd rounder.
    That’s the strategy teams should take . Start depleting their secondary depth that chip in 20+ plus a year and are good players.

    These guys want to get paid and will sign those contracts with some term .

    They will match any Marner offer but will lose depth in the process.

  17. #19497
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    That’s the strategy teams should take . Start depleting their secondary depth that chip in 20+ plus a year and are good players.

    These guys want to get paid and will sign those contracts with some term .

    They will match any Marner offer but will lose depth in the process.
    When you go top heavy in your payroll like the Leafs are about to with 40 million tied up with Tavares, Mathews, Marner and Nylander you better have good entry level contract players coming in or else your bottom two lines will suffer.
    Go Habs Go!

  18. #19498
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    When you go top heavy in your payroll like the Leafs are about to with 40 million tied up with Tavares, Mathews, Marner and Nylander you better have good entry level contract players coming in or else your bottom two lines will suffer.
    yup , they will need to do that for the next few years as funds aren't available

  19. #19499
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    There's tension building up between the Marner clan and Leafs.

    I don't see the Marner taking any kind of hometown discount and the Marners feel he is just as important as pajama boy and Mathews.

    If leafs don't come in at 11-11.5 there is little chance Marner signs...he'll test the RFA waters.

    Dubas hope has to be that no team offer sheets him and all the leverage is in the Leafs camp
    Last edited by DonKay; 05-21-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Go Habs Go!

  20. #19500
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    They are screwed period . That 91 contract did them in .
    They'll just have to make some choices. Hell they could trade Tavares for a very good return if they really wanted.

Page 975 of 993 FirstFirst ... 475875925965973974975976977985 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •