• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

You still have your mini mancrush on Coyle?
I think he’d be a very good fit with Domi-Drouin or KK - hard to find that size + speed combo which becomes more of a factor 2nd half of a season and into the playoffs.

Not sure Habs make good trading partners though - unless MBs willing to deal Poehling back to play at home. I’m not particularly keen on getting rid of a big C who’ll likely turn into a Coyle type player and is some 6-years younger.

Last edited:
He's 26 and has 1 year left on his $3.2M per contract. You would really trade Poehling for a soon to be UFA? He's not exactly lighting it up. His best year in the league was 2016-17 and he only had .68 points per game (56 points in 82 games).

I don't know if I make that deal, if he doesn't come relatively cheaply I'd pass.

He's 26 and has 1 year left on his $3.2M per contract. You would really trade Poehling for a soon to be UFA? He's not exactly lighting it up. His best year in the league was 2016-17 and he only had .68 points per game (56 points in 82 games).

I don't know if I make that deal, if he doesn't come relatively cheaply I'd pass.
No I wouldn’t deal Poehling for Coyle which is why I don’t think the Habs make good trading partners with Minny.

Rumor seems to be stemming from Minny beat writer Michael Russo’s tweet of Wild looking for right shot RW who can occasionally play C.

Not sure why they’d trade Coyle since he fits the description of what they’re looking for but anyway...

Rumor seems to be stemming from Minny beat writer Michael Russo’s tweet of Wild looking for right shot RW who can occasionally play C.

Not sure why they’d trade Coyle since he fits the description of what they’re looking for but anyway...

Minny is in transition . Not good enough to get by a round . A team of decent players but no star upfront .

Not sure they have any interest in paying Coyle as a UFA after next season . Shaw gives them some sandpaper and depth for 3 years at 4 mil

Shaw doesn't move the needle but they will need to get something in return for Coyle . I don't think they want draft picks and projects.

I’d trade Shaw for Coyle straight up. I don’t think Minny does though.

There’s little to no evidence that Coyle is significantly better than Shaw. Coyle seems like an overhyped Boston kid. He’s never impressed me. And Shaw is playing well with D & D.

Last edited:
There’s little to no evidence that Coyle is significantly better than Shaw. Coyle seems like an overhyped Boston kid. He’s never impressed me. And Shaw is playing well with D & D.

Coyle had nice upside... still might have some. But yeah, I'm not sure if he's as good as Shaw... I mean they're like the same age.

I’d trade Shaw for Coyle straight up. I don’t think Minny does though.

Shaw is worth more at this point, he’s more productive, brings that grit and like it or not he’s still a two time cup champ that played a vital role in both those cups.

If Shaw keeps playing like he is I think he can get h a nice return at the deadline even at his current contract

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
Coyle on ignoring trade rumors: “I’ve been going to Montreal since five years ago, so it really means nothing.” #mnwild

Back