• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

I read the article, and I'm not sure I agree.

He argues that the Habs should be in win now mode because of Price, Weber and Petry. I disagree and I think it would be a mistake to immediately swing to win now mode when we finally seem to be building something interesting.
He also doesn't seem to think that having Weber, Karlsson and Petry all RHD is an issue, which I think it's stupid. It definitely means that one of those would play on the left side, most likely Petry, and there is no guarantee that he would be as effective. I think we would have to trade one of those guys.

Karlsson would be cool though, but we would have to make other moves to make the roster work.

Even if Mb is in win now mode he won’t trade his first rounders or best prospects and in the end isn’t that all that matters if we want to see him stay the course in progressing through prospects and player development?

We are not bad enough to get another top three or top five pick, I don’t even think we’re bad enough to get a top ten pick anytime soon so why not use some of the cap space to improve the team

He argues that the Habs should be in win now mode because of Price, Weber and Petry. I disagree and I think it would be a mistake to immediately swing to win now mode when we finally seem to be building something interesting.
He also doesn't seem to think that having Weber, Karlsson and Petry all RHD is an issue, which I think it's stupid. It definitely means that one of those would play on the left side, most likely Petry, and there is no guarantee that he would be as effective. I think we would have to trade one of those guys.

Karlsson would be cool though, but we would have to make other moves to make the roster work.

If you look at his graphics he has Karlsson playing the left side with Weber. I think that’s dumb.

I think if the Habs are going to land a big fish this summer, it’s more likely to be Duchene than Karlsson. Just a guess though.

Nero went in win now mode with the Weber deal . Then it’s retool mode unloading Max for picks and prospects .

Stay the course and keep developing the talent base

Nero went in win now mode with the Weber deal . Then it’s retool mode unloading Max for picks and prospects .

Stay the course and keep developing the talent base

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing both.

If you have a competent scouting staff and good coaching within your organization you can still put emphasis on drafting and player development while improving for the present through trades and UFA.

We just talked about the great picks the Bruins got later in round one in McCavoy and Pasternak.

You gotta hit on those later round 1 picks more often than not if you are in win now mode too.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing both.

If you have a competent scouting staff and good coaching within your organization you can still put emphasis on drafting and player development while improving for the present through trades and UFA.

We just talked about the great picks the Bruins got later in round one in McCavoy and Pasternak.

You gotta hit on those later round 1 picks more often than not if you are in win now mode too.

B`s had a developed core in place for years that won a cup and may win another one

It would be nice if we had a more established polished group in place first before we toss money at UFA`s close to hitting 30 .

B`s had a developed core in place for years that won a cup and may win another one

It would be nice if we had a more established polished group in place first before we toss money at UFA`s close to hitting 30 .
Bs didn’t have a core in place when they acquired possibly their most important core piece via UFA.....Chara (who was close to hitting 30)

I would argue they were in a similar situation or worse when they signed Chara - 2nd year Bergeron and Krejci / Lucic in the minors.

Dennis Bernstein of TFP tweeting a possible trade with Philly. The Ghost for Byron, Shaw and something else.

I like Byron and Shaw because they slot in very well as 3rd liners and can jump in the top six when need be.

But let's be honest if either of those guys can help you get a good LD you have to pull the trigger.

Now is the Ghost still as highly touted as he was two years ago?

I like Byron and Shaw because they slot in very well as 3rd liners and can jump in the top six when need be.

But let's be honest if either of those guys can help you get a good LD you have to pull the trigger.

Now is the Ghost still as highly touted as he was two years ago?

He is perfect next to Weber

Dennis Bernstein of TFP tweeting a possible trade with Philly. The Ghost for Byron, Shaw and something else.

The tweets seem to indicate Shaw OR Byron are potential Philly targets....

Anthony Di Marco
@ADiMarco25
Have heard the #flyers and #Habs have had discussions on Shayne Gostisbehere. While no deal is imminent, told Andrew Shaw is a player the Flyers have interest in.

Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
To follow up @ADiMarco25 intel about #Habs interest in Shayne Gostisbehere, hearing Andrew Shaw and Paul Byron among target names in a potential swap.
09:31 - 11 juin 2019 · Los Angeles, CA

Mischaracterization by hockey30....

Bs didn’t have a core in place when they acquired possibly their most important core piece via UFA.....Chara (who was close to hitting 30)

I would argue they were in a similar situation or worse when they signed Chara - 2nd year Bergeron and Krejci / Lucic in the minors.

Signing Chara was the best move they've ever made. That contract wasn't that crazy either. 5 years deal at 7.5M. Money was high but term was great, and Bruins were a blank page at that point, having emptied their roster before the CBA negotiations.

FWIW....

@CraigCustance
Interesting trade market observation from Doug Wilson during his call today: "There’s been more conversation and communication between GMs in the last month than maybe ever since I’ve been a GM."

A lot of teams that have been sucking for a long time want to start winning now.

Buffalo, Florida, Arizona, Edmonton, Vancouver will be going after big names via UFA or trade market.

It’s why I also believe these long 3-4 year rebuilds will be a thing of the past.

Teams will re-tool in a 1-2 year window like the Rangers are about to do and what the Blues did.

I expect the same from Chicago, Anaheim, LA to do

A lot of teams that have been sucking for a long time want to start winning now.

Buffalo, Florida, Arizona, Edmonton, Vancouver will be going after big names via UFA or trade market.

It’s why I also believe these long 3-4 year rebuilds will be a thing of the past.

Teams will re-tool in a 1-2 year window like the Rangers are about to do and what the Blues did.

I expect the same from Chicago, Anaheim, LA to do

Anaheim and LA are dine .....there is no 1-2 retool

As usual teams that make dumb mistakes stay lousy

There is no short cut in hockey . Blues have been a contender for years and have drafted and developed well

They made smart trades , this was never a short retool .

Goaltending was their issue but their team took many years to come together

Anaheim and LA are dine .....there is no 1-2 retool

As usual teams that make dumb mistakes stay lousy

There is no short cut in hockey . Blues have been a contender for years and have drafted and developed well

They made smart trades , this was never a short retool .

Goaltending was their issue but their team took many years to come together

It was actually a re-tool for st louis.

They missed the playoffs last year and decided to re-tool with trades and signings.

If they were the Habs this time last year everyone on here would be calling for a rebuild.

The stakes are too high now to blow teams up and getting out of that hole you get into by being basement dwellers for 4 years is hard to get out of even with great draft picks.

talent is hard to come by so teams don’t want to move the stars they have to re-build.

LA and Anaheim will do exactly that, if it guarantees success who knows but its what I see teams doing

It was actually a re-tool for st louis.

They missed the playoffs last year and decided to re-tool with trades and signings.

If they were the Habs this time last year everyone on here would be calling for a rebuild.

The stakes are too high now to blow teams up and getting out of that hole you get into by being basement dwellers for 4 years is hard to get out of even with great draft picks.

talent is hard to come by so teams don’t want to move the stars they have to re-build.

LA and Anaheim will do exactly that, if it guarantees success who knows but its what I see teams doing

Yes they retooled but Tarasenko , Parayko, Pietro , and others were in the system for year

The heavy lifting was done years ago , no doubt in my mind JB was the difference to a cup .

Lets not get carried away , this was a once in a blue moon event

Blues were a good team with no superstars and it all came together at the right time

The only thing that guarantees success is smart drafting/developing/timely trades

Patching and and poor team building keeps you shit

Back