• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Laine for Domi would tempt me.
It's tempting, but Domi got 72 points last year, more than Laine ever got, and certainly more than the 50 he got last year, plus he was an heart and soul guy on our team compared to a floater in the doghouse. That's a huge bet on Laine figuring it out and finding his other gear. I'm not too keen on trading away players that fits so well with their current team.

It's tempting, but Domi got 72 points last year, more than Laine ever got, and certainly more than the 50 he got last year, plus he was an heart and soul guy on our team compared to a floater in the doghouse. That's a huge bet on Laine figuring it out and finding his other gear. I'm not too keen on trading away players that fits so well with their current team.

I want to add Laine to Domi, et al., not trade Domi for him.

Laine certainly has the most upside of all the suggested trades. So there would definitely be a chance that trading Domi/Mete/Suzuki/1st or whoever else for him could work out tremendously... even at $9m+ is could work out great. I just don't think it's a risk I'd want to take.

Laine certainly has the most upside of all the suggested trades. So there would definitely be a chance that trading Domi/Mete/Suzuki/1st or whoever else for him could work out tremendously... even at $9m+ is could work out great. I just don't think it's a risk I'd want to take.
Yep

If Laine could guarantee me 40+ goals every year, I would trade Domi for him.

However, that's far from being a guarantee.

While I have been critical of Ovechkin, who is a player I always laughed at when some said he was better than Crosby, if he isn't scoring, he's still implicated in the game. He plays physical and has a little bit of playmaking ability. If Laine played like that, not only would he be signed, I think he'd be one of the top paid players in the league. However...

While I have been critical of Ovechkin, who is a player I always laughed at when some said he was better than Crosby, if he isn't scoring, he's still implicated in the game. He plays physical and has a little bit of playmaking ability. If Laine played like that, not only would he be signed, I think he'd be one of the top paid players in the league. However...
Not sure Ovi was all that at 21...

Even 40 goals doesn’t move the needle for a trade for me.

He will probably get a dozen multi goal games and disappear for more than half the season .

Domi was our leader last year . Even in a slump he played hard and created opportunities for others .

He was a solid C , even though he is a winger IMO.

He fits our team perfectly with a high compete level .

I want Laine on our team with Domi not for each other

Even 40 goals doesn’t move the needle for a trade for me.

He will probably get a dozen multi goal games and disappear for more than half the season .

Domi was our leader last year . Even in a slump he played hard and created opportunities for others .

He was a solid C , even though he is a winger IMO.

He fits our team perfectly with a high compete level .

I want Laine on our team with Domi not for each other

Isn't that what I said?

Ovie was a scoring machine and wrecking ball at 21... and got plenty of assists.

He may not have been a "complete" players, but he was far from one dimensional back then.

im pretty sure he was joking

ovie won the hart, art ross, pearson, and richard at 21

I'll refrain from mentioning that hit totals and effort level numbers aren't available on hockeydb.com next to the player's height & weight.

Back