• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Petry has 2-years left on his deal before becoming UFA at 33, Habs won’t be resigning him - this is the summer to deal him at peak value - would Philly give up their 11th OA + prospect (ex. Jay O’Brien) to find that missing partner for Provorov?

After all Flyers are in desperate win now / make noise in playoffs mode with the success of other Philly pro sports teams.

Would free up another $5.5M for MB to use on UFAs. IMO Mete will only continue to improve playing alongside Weber, Edler + Karlsson would make a very effective 2nd pairing, allowing Kulak & Juulsen to play 3rd pairing. While adding significantly to the Habs prospect depth.

Even though Habs didn’t make the playoffs, the stretch drive experience was important for the younger players, if the team had a PP QB they’d have qualified. Next season is about getting them actual playoff experience and pushing forward toward winning / learning what it takes to win in the playoffs.

I’m greedy, give me Karlsson, Edler, and a forward, and continue to force growth amongst the young players.

You're not greedy, your a masochist setting yourself up for heartbreak after MB brings in a 7th defenseman and a 3rd line winger.

I would definitely listen to offers for Petry, but at the same time he looks like someone who could be very effective for a while, he seems to be getting better every year.

Petry has 2-years left on his deal before becoming UFA at 33, Habs won’t be resigning him - this is the summer to deal him at peak value - would Philly give up their 11th OA + prospect (ex. Jay O’Brien) to find that missing partner for Provorov?

After all Flyers are in desperate win now / make noise in playoffs mode with the success of other Philly pro sports teams.

Would free up another $5.5M for MB to use on UFAs. IMO Mete will only continue to improve playing alongside Weber, Edler + Karlsson would make a very effective 2nd pairing, allowing Kulak & Juulsen to play 3rd pairing. While adding significantly to the Habs prospect depth.

Even though Habs didn’t make the playoffs, the stretch drive experience was important for the younger players, if the team had a PP QB they’d have qualified. Next season is about getting them actual playoff experience and pushing forward toward winning / learning what it takes to win in the playoffs.

I’m greedy, give me Karlsson, Edler, and a forward, and continue to force growth amongst the young players.

As dumb as Philly is your not netting a lottery pick + for Petry

You're not greedy, your a masochist setting yourself up for heartbreak after MB brings in a 7th defenseman and a 3rd line winger.
No heartbreak - I’m fully aware there’s little to no chance Karlsson (or any top tier talent) signs in Mtl, but I like the fact Bradley’s all excited and exuding positive energy. It’s good for the soul.

No heartbreak - I’m fully aware there’s little to no chance Karlsson (or any top tier talent) signs in Mtl, but I like the fact Bradley’s all excited and exuding positive energy. It’s good for the soul.

I expect Nero and bent nose in the Peg to consummate another ," please take some cap off my hand " deal this summer .

Too bad Trouba wants to play in the States , he would be perfect for us even as a RHS

It won’t last. In fact, when nothing big happens, Brad will become even more negative.

Karlsson's agent mentionned montreal only to drive up the market for his next contract. We've seen this multiple times in the past. In the end, our role is just to drive up the offers and then they sign elsewhere.

Karlsson's agent mentionned montreal only to drive up the market for his next contract. We've seen this multiple times in the past. In the end, our role is just to drive up the offers and then they sign elsewhere.
Yup - Brett Hull “really wanted to be a Hab” until it felt like it was actually going to materialize, and his agent had to beg & plead Dallas to up their offer to match the Habs offer.

Ditto Martin Lapointe and countless others...

Martin Lapointe was the missing piece to an untold number of Stanley Cups for us.

Yup - Brett Hull “really wanted to be a Hab” until it felt like it was actually going to materialize, and his agent had to beg & plead Dallas to up their offer to match the Habs offer.

Ditto Martin Lapointe and countless others...
Hull went to Detroit but yeah we are the 8 used by the douche to get the 9 to like him

My feeling is he ends up with the Rangers.

I would give TB the edge but I don't see how they have the cash when they have to make room to get Point signed to a likely 8.5- 9 mil a year deal.

MB has no interest in Karlsson. Does not matter if EK is using us as a tool to drive up his value because no offer is coming from Montreal

MB has no interest in Karlsson. Does not matter if EK is using us as a tool to drive up his value because no offer is coming from Montreal

I think the thought process is getting a guy like Karlsson makes Petry an assett thst can be used to address other areas.

And according to what I read and hear Petry would garner more interest around the league that PK Subban simply because he makes a hell of a lot less and is at this point just better

I think the thought process is getting a guy like Karlsson makes Petry an assett thst can be used to address other areas.

And according to what I read and hear Petry would garner more interest around the league that PK Subban simply because he makes a hell of a lot less and is at this point just better

I would prefer to trade the alleged mountain man than Petry given he is not a mobile puck mover.

If Karlsson can be had I’d move Weber too. He’s still good enough to get a great return.

I would prefer to trade the alleged mountain man than Petry given he is not a mobile puck mover.

I don’t see MB doing that but it makes sense.

But I honestly don’t think Weber is as done as some think, this guy is a workout beast and you can’t deny that overall despite missing a full year and of course going through some tough periods last year his production was impressive and by seasons end he looked alot more comfortable.

I think he still has some good hockey left in him

Weber has a cannon of a shot, but he's not as effective on the PP as much as people think. I certainly would have no problem seeing him go for a good return.

Back