• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Roster Settings

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
So, there was talk of using a "best ball" type system. I love this idea. In order to make this work I think we need either to go with 12 forwards or 4C 8W. That way I can set it to count points for your top 12 forwards, 6 dmen and 2 goalies each night, or your top 4C and 8W ect. I fear that if I set it for 4C, 4W, 4F it will cause a redundancy issue.

The "best ball" option is nice cause a lot of people don't like to micromanage. And to be honest... that boils down to luck. We're looking to see who builds the best team... not to see who can leave the least points on their bench.

I'm cool with giving best ball a whirl. Though I tend to believe that "playing the hot hand" is an important part of managing/coaching a team. Real NHL teams don't get the benefits of the goals the guys they didn't dress, would have scored had they dressed. Sometimes you've gotta make tough roster decisions, and live with those decisions.

There are pros and cons to every system. I personally prefer daily line up changes but I know that some people prefer weekly as to avoid "micro-managing." I really dislike weekly changes in part because of how devastating an early week injury can be.... And how much it can suck when a guy comes back unexpectedly mid week.

I'd prefer daily lineup changes if I had to choose. Is there anyway for owners to have the option of both

Well if you had the option between best ball and setting your own line up each day you would have to be clinically insane to choose setting your own.

Trying to make sure this best ball thing is set up right. It almost appears as though you can't have "reserves."

So just to make sure everyone is aware and happy with the roster settings.

4C
4W
4F
6D
2G
4 Reserve

25 minor league spots
150 NHL game maximum for minor league skaters. After that they need to graduate to your team or be dropped.
50 NHL game max for goalies

Back