Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 1,961 to 1,977 of 1977

Thread: OT: Soccer Thread

  1. #1961
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Montreal Impact still looking good with 20 points after 12 games, still atop the eastern conference

  2. #1962
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Actually third due to games played and goal diff. TFC is also only 4 behind with 3 in hand
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  3. #1963
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Actually third due to games played and goal diff. TFC is also only 4 behind with 3 in hand
    Yeah, Toronto may catch them. Still, on paper, this roster should not be as high as it is, especially with piatti out with a injury.

    So credit where credit is due

  4. #1964
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    The Germans women's world cup team is pretty damn hot.

  5. #1965
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Yank women were big meanies today. Running up the score on the Thai Ladyboys and then having ridiculous cellies after each goal.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  6. #1966
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Yank women were big meanies today. Running up the score on the Thai Ladyboys and then having ridiculous cellies after each goal.
    They will cry when they lose, its all good.

  7. #1967
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Canada choked today against the Dutch. Have a harder trek to Finals now
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  8. #1968
    Legend lecoqsportif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,732
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    When was the last time our MNT won 7-0?

  9. #1969
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lecoqsportif View Post
    When was the last time our MNT won 7-0?
    Before today?

    No idea

  10. #1970
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Looks like the men's team used up all of Canadas scoring this week.

    But if you can't score on a penalty, you deserve to lose.

  11. #1971
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    33,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Sooner or later Canada was going to fall behind the European teams. I mean we are still right there with them now, but in 5 years Canada will be lucky to compete with them.

  12. #1972
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    Sooner or later Canada was going to fall behind the European teams. I mean we are still right there with them now, but in 5 years Canada will be lucky to compete with them.
    Shame they didn't grab a world cup win or two before that happened.

    But I'm not surprised at the result. They looked bad against the dutch, worst and against the Swedes and didn't give Sinclair the PK.

    They deserved what they got.

    Also, team Sweden was hotter.

  13. #1973
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Sinclair is falling on the sword for the coach saying she offered the penalty to Beckie. If she did, then she is a chicken who didn't want a legacy to be hurt by missing.

    Go in 5th in the world, and go out in the round of 16. Total failure.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  14. #1974
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Sinclair is falling on the sword for the coach saying she offered the penalty to Beckie. If she did, then she is a chicken who didn't want a legacy to be hurt by missing.

    Go in 5th in the world, and go out in the round of 16. Total failure.
    Its a very Canadian thing to do.

    Second greatest goal scorer in history, passes it on to someone else.

    Oh Canada.

  15. #1975
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    She claims she did it because she was stopped by the same goalie in a penalty shootout in March. When I saw that, my esteem for Sinclair dropped tenfold. You are the second best goal scorer of all time, just two behind Wombat, and you voluntarily give up a shot? That is cowardice.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  16. #1976
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    She claims she did it because she was stopped by the same goalie in a penalty shootout in March. When I saw that, my esteem for Sinclair dropped tenfold. You are the second best goal scorer of all time, just two behind Wombat, and you voluntarily give up a shot? That is cowardice.
    Don't know why its up to the players.

    Should be the coach.

  17. #1977
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: Soccer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Don't know why its up to the players.

    Should be the coach.
    bingo, I would have ordered her to take it

    her fear because she missed a few months ago is crap, you are arguably the best soccer player of either sex this country produced for Davies and David. Take the ****ing shot.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •