• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

The one player per team requirement really messes things up, as well as the divisional split. In an ideal world, Toronto would have 4 players in (Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Reilly), TB 4 as well (Kucherov, Stamkos, Point and Vasilevsky), but that would leave only 2 spots for the rest of the division.

just expand the rosters

The one player per team requirement really messes things up, as well as the divisional split. In an ideal world, Toronto would have 4 players in (Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Reilly), TB 4 as well (Kucherov, Stamkos, Point and Vasilevsky), but that would leave only 2 spots for the rest of the division.

The problem is that people believe this is an event for Fans. It is not. It's an event means for NHL sponsers. All those company presidents who give the NHL millions of dollars in publicity want to be there, with their kids and take pictures with Crosby, Price and others and are not that interested in having one with Marner, Point, etc. It's a Marketing events to please the sponsors. The fans considerations are second in the equations here.

Since sponsors somes from all markets, the guy who gives money to the Detroit Red Wings wants to have his picture with a red wing player so you get stuff like Howard being invited even if he has no business there.

If it was on merit alone, Price would not be our guy, it would either be Petry or Domi.

Yeah. Just expand the rosters and go back to con vs. con.

Make it like baseball. Who cares if certian players only get 2 minutes of ice time.

And Domi should be our rep. Even with the knowledge that this event is about names and sponsers it's still shocking that Domi isn't our guy going.

It's also why I haven't watch an all stars game in almost 25 years. Actually not true, I caught the first 3 on 3 ASG (with John Scott) a couple of years ago ans it was actually entertaining, but that was an accident. I never really bother trying to watch.

The problem is that people believe this is an event for Fans. It is not. It's an event means for NHL sponsers. All those company presidents who give the NHL millions of dollars in publicity want to be there, with their kids and take pictures with Crosby, Price and others and are not that interested in having one with Marner, Point, etc. It's a Marketing events to please the sponsors. The fans considerations are second in the equations here.

Since sponsors somes from all markets, the guy who gives money to the Detroit Red Wings wants to have his picture with a red wing player so you get stuff like Howard being invited even if he has no business there.

If it was on merit alone, Price would not be our guy, it would either be Petry or Domi.

Bang on assessment

Its also a great event for the fans and kids of the hosting city , even if it secondary

Great local events with prizes and a chance to see you favourite players . For many its the only chance to see a player close up .

The game is BS but you have to have the schmooze fest

I was at the NBA event in 2016 in TO , it was a great event for the locals

When I was a kid i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED the ASG and Skillz comp

Scherbak cleared waivers; guess the Habs didn't even want him back for Laval.

Back