• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

The slow ass players will be back next game.

D-Lo plays 15 games in a row contributing next to nothing, Hudon takes his eyes off his defensive assignment for 3 seconds he's in the press box for a month.
There’s no big body need vs Wings, they play a wide open game, Preds & Minny had lots of big bodies in the lineup & Preds 4th line in particular imposed their will on Habs.

Ideally Shaw takes DLo’s spot on the 4th line if there’s an add to be had at deadline.

There’s no big body need vs Wings, they play a wide open game, Preds & Minny had lots of big bodies in the lineup & Preds 4th line in particular imposed their will on Habs.

Ideally Shaw takes DLo’s spot on the 4th line if there’s an add to be had at deadline.

Exactly.

D-Lo was in the lineup for nashville and minny and they still imposed their will on the habs.

So whats the point? The difference here is that the preds big bodies can play hockey, score goals and maintain puck possession. Guys like D-Lo are just big.

I'm pretty shocked the invincible cup contender Predators are only four points ahead of us.

I'm pretty shocked the invincible cup contender Predators are only four points ahead of us.

And to top it all, I think we should've won Saturday's game against Preds.....their goalie made incredible saves...I was at the game, and when Weber scored, were all over them but could not score more. And 1 of their goals shouldn't have counted....

And to top it all, I think we should've won Saturday's game against Preds.....their goalie made incredible saves...I was at the game, and when Weber scored, were all over them but could not score more. And 1 of their goals shouldn't have counted....

don't you leave after the second period :smilewinkgrin:

Am I crazy thinking I would seriously consider an Alzner for Bobby Ryan swap? Same term, and Ryan costs around net 2.6M more. I figure we get a 20 goal scorer for that kind of money, since Alzner is dead cash. Maybe he breaks out with double D and kills it? Better than the scrubs we keep throwing out there...

I think Ottawa does that deal.

Ryan is 32 in March and has 3 full years left on his contract with a NTC/NMC. Even if he did agree to be traded to Montreal he would then become our headache if he needs moved which he likely would need to be.

Alzner blows but his cap hit is almost $3M less and has a modified NTC and no NMC which allows him to be buried in Laval.

I would pass on that one unless Ottawa sweetens the pot greatly.

Jeff Skinner wins the the Last Man In vote for the Atlantic Division and the Habs will have no one at All-Star Weekend.

Skinner is having a heck of a season, many here wanted him acquired when the Sabres got him. That guy still has talent. 42 points in 43 games and 29 goals. The Habs could really use a sniper like that. Of course he's at the end of his current contract and is looking for his retirement money. He will be 27 in May. Any thoughts that MB might kick the tires this summer?

Skinner is having a heck of a season, many here wanted him acquired when the Sabres got him. That guy still has talent. 42 points in 43 games and 29 goals. The Habs could really use a sniper like that. Of course he's at the end of his current contract and is looking for his retirement money. He will be 27 in May. Any thoughts that MB might kick the tires this summer?

Highly doubt we kick the tires on him at all

He is having a career year looking for a home run . I think he reverts to his 30 form.

He will want about 8.5 - 9 which I wouldn't go to .

We aren't a Skinner away from anything right now , and we shouldn't be in the UFA game as of yet .

One dude on the Buffalo network said agent was looking for 8x8 now to forgo free agency.

He has had numerous concussions ( although healthy now ) but unless your HHOF material players age poorly after 30 today .

I would rather kick tires on Theodore if available .

We also don't have Jack Eichel for him to play with either.

You don't think he'd finish some of those sweet passes by Domi? You know, the ones that Drouin screws up often?

He's turning 27, I don't think Skinner is done and if it happens then he retires and you LTIR him until he does.

I like Skinner, but we are not in the right spot to start to take on high priced Free Agents. We need JK and Suzuki to be a little more seasoned before we pay for help.

Looks like changes in the line up for tonight's game,
practice lines this morning, with headline that J.D. and Domi separated.

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Armia
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Agostino - Chaput - Deslauriers
Hudon - Peca

Mete - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn
Alzner

Ryan is 32 in March and has 3 full years left on his contract with a NTC/NMC. Even if he did agree to be traded to Montreal he would then become our headache if he needs moved which he likely would need to be.

Alzner blows but his cap hit is almost $3M less and has a modified NTC and no NMC which allows him to be buried in Laval.

I would pass on that one unless Ottawa sweetens the pot greatly.

So you wouldn’t pay 2.6m on the cap for a likely 20...maybe 30 goal scorer for 3 more years who is 32.

New PP units as well in today's practice

Agostino
Weber - Byron - Armia
Drouin

Gallagher
Kotkaniemi - Tatar - Domi
Petry

Back