• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Dzingel 4 years max 4 to 4.5
Move Peca for an 8th round pick
Weise and Alzner down
Hudon Hu cares
Roster set 14 fwd 7 D 2 G
Still have 4m in cap space

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

1-year, one way deal @ $800K

Good money for AHL once he fails to make the team out of camp and is put on waivers

Seems this offseason was about building a powerhouse....in Laval

Yeah, The Habs get up to a $900K cap savings by sending a player down so when Hudon plays the year in Laval it won't affect the big club's cap.

Good money for AHL is right.

Hudon will make more in the AHL than the NHL because he won't have escrow to pay.

Pretty good deal.

Pretty much. There isn't much of a difference between Thompson/Hudon/Cousins/Varone, to be honest.

They're depth players to be inserted in case of injury.

Nobody would have given Hudon a one way contract. But he probably would have signed a two way contract somewhere else for a new start. I guess that's why the Habs did what they did.

Nobody would have given Hudon a one way contract. But he probably would have signed a two way contract somewhere else for a new start. I guess that's why the Habs did what they did.

It seems to be the trend with those borderline NHLers or veteran AHLers. We did the same with Verone and Barber.

It seems to be the trend with those borderline NHLers or veteran AHLers. We did the same with Verone and Barber.

Probably the Habs wanted to do the same thing with Hudon like those guys, give him guaranteed money on a two way contract, like maybe $300,000 or so. But Hudon most likely said if its two way I take highway out of Montreal.

Hudon has a strange relationship with the Habs. The organization wants him around but Julien has no use for him.

Yup. The second he was offered a QO, there was no chance he was taking a 2-way deal.

The QO is (if I remember correctly) a 10% increase on the previous contract's AAV, which was 725k. That would come out to around $795k.

Had the Habs not offered him a QO, which would have made him a UFA, a 2-way deal might have been possible.

Back