• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Thread of Game of Thrones (spoilers inside)

I think he makes one last appearance. He’s basically been around since season one ( Syrio and Jaqen are the same person or are both faceless men) so they wouldn’t have developed an entire story line for basically the entire show to end it the way they did

I have no idea why but I do have a suspicion that they let her walk away from Braavos for a reason

There are some interesting theories that Jaqen is actually Rhaegar which are fun to read but are a real reach

It all ties into the rubies having magical appearance changing powers (see Melisandre in season 6) and how his body was never found after the battle of the trident. The theory goes he swapped places with a red priest after being told of his looming death from the fire and escaped to Braavos.

The first link was the distinct blonde streak in Jaqens hair. A trait Targs are well known for. Second being his name is an anagram for Rhaegar. Third is his tie to Arya and how much she is like Lyanna. Ned mentioned a few times in the show how she is a wild child like her aunt was.

It sounds crazy but a fun theory nonetheless

Last edited:
Love the theories but they are for the books now. The show has become very simplistic, anything outside of Winterfell, the Wall and Kings Landing will not be in this season, unless it's like a final episode thing showing the results of everything around the world. If a story line has been wrapped up, it's wrapped up, no surprise is coming.

I don't know how the show will end and I hope I'm surprised but it's just not the same show as it was in the earlier seasons so I expect to be underwhelmed.

Seems silly to expect an ending without some sort of twist

GRRM always said the show would have three big shock moments and we have witnessed two. Shireens and Hodors death

I dont expect them to end without a big one

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yeah, agreed. That stuff is never making it onto the screen.

But it's such a shame. The show feels like it could've gone at least a few more years and brought all of that awesome stuff into it - Stoneheart, Rhaegar, wow. It's a bummer to not get to see that.

GRRM always said the show would have three big shock moments and we have witnessed two. Shireens and Hodors death

Oh I expect to be surprised in some way but just nothing as complicated as you guys have been talking about.

Oh I expect to be surprised in some way but just nothing as complicated as you guys have been talking about.

Same. Like which of the players will survive, who will sit on the throne, who kills who, etc.

There's no brand spanking new storyline coming out in the next four episodes. The big "reveal" was Jon telling Dany about his lineage. The rest is going to be shocking deaths and who ultimately survives.

Red wedding wasn't a shock?

By the way, Dany is such an egomaniacal little piece of shit. I've hated her for a long time (and also hate Clarke).

Seems to me they've been setting the stage for her to bite it, and bite it hard. She went from being motivated by freeing people and being a benevolent ruler for the benefit of the world, to only caring about getting her fat midget ass on the throne at any and all costs and burning anyone who gets in her way. There's no sympathy for her character anymore, and it almost looks like she's contemplating taking Jon out if he challenges her claim (or rather before he even gets a chance to). I think they're wanting everyone to start hating her so that her death will be deserved and satisfying.

By the way, Dany is such an egomaniacal little piece of shit. I've hated her for a long time (and also hate Clarke).

Seems to me they've been setting the stage for her to bite it, and bite it hard. She went from being motivated by freeing people and being a benevolent ruler for the benefit of the world, to only caring about getting her fat midget ass on the throne at any and all costs and burning anyone who gets in her way. There's no sympathy for her character anymore, and it almost looks like she's contemplating taking Jon out if he challenges her claim (or rather before he even gets a chance to). I think they're wanting everyone to start hating her so that her death will be deserved and satisfying.
There have certainly been hints this season that Daenerys is being set up to become a villain.

At the same time, it could be the same kind of misdirection we saw last season, with Sansa seemingly at odds with Jon & Arya.

But yeah, either way, Daenerys has definitely strayed away from her "I want to become Queen to help people" mission, and has become pretty fixated on the Iron Throne being owed to her simply because her dead, batshit crazy overthrown father once sat in the same chair.

There have certainly been hints this season that Daenerys is being set up to become a villain.

At the same time, it could be the same kind of misdirection we saw last season, with Sansa seemingly at odds with Jon & Arya.

But yeah, either way, Daenerys has definitely strayed away from her "I want to become Queen to help people" mission, and has become pretty fixated on the Iron Throne being owed to her simply because her dead, batshit crazy overthrown father once sat in the same chair.

I could see the set up also maybe being for a situation where Jon is in trouble and about to get killed, and she can stop it but decides not to, and he perishes. But then later she dies anyway. I don't expect her to be alive at the end, regardless. There's no happy ending where the two of them marry, and if one is making it out alive, I'd bet on Jon, as the hero of the story.

Yeah, agreed. That stuff is never making it onto the screen.

But it's such a shame. The show feels like it could've gone at least a few more years and brought all of that awesome stuff into it - Stoneheart, Rhaegar, wow. It's a bummer to not get to see that.

i would rather it not stretch on too long

the last two books were not great because they tried to get too much random stuff in there

No because that happened in the books

Shireen and Hodor are still alive in the series as well

ice dragon or R+L=J would qualify

but as ramsay said - if you expect a happy ending you have not been paying attention

i could see cersei winning by burning them all

well no she has always been a burn / kill my enemies type
but she actually put the iron throne thing on hold to save the realm

i expect her "anger" over jon being the heir is just a setup - not as stupid as teh arya/sansa vs litter finger one though

This is still shot of tomorrows episode and look who is lurking in the background
a850dc762aa6948c301f5fbde69479b5.jpg

Back