• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Select Casey Staum 124th Overall (5th Round)

Casey Staum is a player that hasn't drawn much attention heading into this year's draft. He didn't make NHL Central Scouting's preliminary list this fall--though his strong Elite League performance definitely put him on the radar--and he didn't gain much hype during the high school season because he missed most of the year with an injury.

But for the teams that put in the work to watch Staum this year, they could be rewarded with a strong late round draft pick with the skating ability to be a good NHL player.

Player: Casey Staum

Team: Hill-Murray(MN) High School

Position: Defenseman

Height: 5'11" Weight: 181 lbs.

Shoots: Left

Stats: 12 games, 3 goals, 4 assists, 7 points

Final NHL Central Scouting rank: 159th among North American skaters

Read More Here

Seriously though, one has to wonder about the method behind the madness with Timmins. It goes beyond the question of what he sees in these pip squeaks that no one else seems to. I see these picks, especially these obsessive compulsive ones involving high school kids from Minnesota and I wonder if Timmins has ever actually watched an NHL game in his life.

I see method to the madness, without Price feeding the puck to the D, they got exposed for not being mobile enough. Habs are trying to address this problem in the draft.

Back