• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 MLB Dynasty Off-Season Thread

Deckie007

Hey guys,

Figured I'd get the off-season rolling. A few things:

1 - We're going to have to replace at least 2 teams. Leafman101 (gave up his team) & MNIJ (being kicked due to non payment of fees). So if anyone knows someone that is interested in a dynasty team, let me know. Teams are available on a first come, first serve basis. Preference to FI regulars as always.

2 - MNIJ being kicked will affect everyone's entry fee next year. I'm going to pay for it this year, but the rest of you are going to have to pay for my entry for 2017 to even things out. Around $2.23 per team. Not a huge deal individually, but something to keep in mind.

3 - Since Fantrax was a disaster when it came to implementing the mid-week injury replacement feature, we're going to kill it going forward. It was a massive headache for most people, but especially for myself. Must have fixed a dozen rosters because of it.

4 - The league will be renewed shortly, and trades / player drops can be executed. Your roster must be compliant by the payment / protected list deadline for next year - date TBA.

5 - The winnings have been paid out. Congrats on your threepeat, Montana. Congrats to newcomer Bull on 2nd place and GH on another podium finish.

Last edited:
Me & Bull had a side wager with the winner covering next year's entrance fee for the other.

So, i'll use that cash to cover Jonas' entrance fee for this past season....until he can come up with the cash, so that he doesn't get booted.

IE: Deck, your entrance fee next season will be paid by Bull....and Jonas you owe me $40.

Me & Bull had a side wager with the winner covering next year's entrance fee for the other.

So, i'll use that cash to cover Jonas' entrance fee for this past season....until he can come up with the cash, so that he doesn't get booted.

IE: Deck, your entrance fee next season will be paid by Bull....and Jonas you owe me $40.

Appreciate the generosity, but I've given away Jonas team already. Jonas and I had an agreement that if his entry wasn't paid by the end of the season, i.e. last week, he'd be booted and replaced. I gave him an extra week and he didn't deliver. Not to be a dick, but he welched on 3 league entries this year, so I think it's best to move on and not deal with this problem going forward. If he really wanted to keep playing, he would have found the $50 or so in the past 6 months. If you are still willing to cover him for this past season, that's cool, but he's gone.

Thanks guys, it was a fun year.

Yeah, the mid-week injury thing didn't really work very well. I found too that a lot of times I'd get a guy injured on Tuesday, but they don't DL him until later in the week anyways. So sure it was nice to get a couple extra games in, but it didn't come into play that much. Certainly not enough worth it given all the other weird stuff that seemed to go on with rosters because of it.

Hopefully we can find our new members early enough that they can have the full off-season, at least for their sake. And yeah, if you can't pay by the end of the season, that's a dick move. If he wants to pay that fee plus pre-pay his next fee, then sure he can come back. But I don't think that seems overly likely. Better to find some new blood. I assume everyone else is still good, but might also be worth sending out a quick note or making sure you get a quick thumbs-up from everyone else too, just so that we don't have people come back in March with the "oh, geez, I was going to mention it before, but I can't continue this year". For sure things can come up and maybe something changes that people might have to drop out, but better to know now if we can.

Tully, who's in a bunch of leagues with us has taken the deadbeat's team. Still looking for a new manager for LM101's squad.

Any chance that one of the active (I stress active owners) from other league may have some interest

Wanted to propose an idea with regard to new managers taking over teams from parting owners.

With them often starting with a touch of a short deck (be it Jonas having traded way multiple future 1st rounders, or 101's barren farm system).....I was thinking we could make two pretty simple concessions to help new managers.

1) They not be required to leave any players unprotected for the draft. (IE - their keeper pool simply goes from 20 to 26, for year one.)

2) They be given the ability to make adds/drops from the free agent/prospect pool during the off season, to further make their own imprint on the team. They'd simply be restricted from picking up any players who as of yet weren't eligible for our draft. (IE - players they add would have to have been eligible for pickup at the end of last season).

Would just give these newer guys a slight chance to get a head start without doing anything unduly unfair to the rest of the league. (Imo)

Sole caveat being rule #2 obviously couldn't go in to place until the 2nd new manager had been added.

Just an idea.

rule #1 id be 100% ok with.
rule #2 id have to give it some thought. i think it would be ok. ive taken over a lot of shit teams in other leagues and getting a little break is fair IMO.

Limited adds could make sense, although I don't think there's a lot out there in the FA pile to really help too much.

Keepers I would assume still should have a limit, but yeah having it more relaxed makes sense. Just so they can't pull off 4 for 1 deals and end up with 40 ML Keepers plus the minors ones. But giving them 5-10 more free spots would be fine with (even if I didn't get them, but I started with a much better stocked team).

Limited adds could make sense, although I don't think there's a lot out there in the FA pile to really help too much.

Keepers I would assume still should have a limit, but yeah having it more relaxed makes sense. Just so they can't pull off 4 for 1 deals and end up with 40 ML Keepers plus the minors ones. But giving them 5-10 more free spots would be fine with (even if I didn't get them, but I started with a much better stocked team).

How could they get 40 players when there are only like 26 spots on our rosters?

How could they get 40 players when there are only like 26 spots on our rosters?
Could have guys that ended the season on the DL, plus if we let them pilfer new guys, plus other trades, etc... Probably not an issue, but I'm just saying I'd vote for having a specific limit, likely just giving them the 5 extra guys that the rest of us have to leave unprotected.

Could have guys that ended the season on the DL, plus if we let them pilfer new guys, plus other trades, etc... Probably not an issue, but I'm just saying I'd vote for having a specific limit, likely just giving them the 5 extra guys that the rest of us have to leave unprotected.

i think all they where saying is that we have 6 bench spots we leave unprotected. that any team can draft from there bench would be blocked

The limit would be a full roster. Nobody is suggesting they be able to have extra roster spots. Their roster would have to be compliant like everyone else.

Back