• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Blue Jackets are for real

CanonFire

After sucking and suffering so many years I believe it is our time. The Jackets seem to have the right mix of offense with Wennberg, Saad, Foligno, Atkinson and Defense with Werenski and Jones. The key is in Goal with Bobrovsky and if he can handle this kind of workload and stay healthy. I am keeping my fingers crossed and loving every minute of this season. Torts has this team so positive right now.

They look amazing. I've watched them play a half dozen games and they look dangerous pretty much at all times.

Fellow Jackets fan here! My god do they look good right now. Thirteen straight and (sorry to say to some of our other posters) they've been steamrolling some teams. It's been such a treat to watch. I do have my doubts about what they'll do if they make it into the playoffs, being as they're a young and inexperienced team, but holy shit do they look good right now. There's absolutely no question that no matter what happens with this season... the Jackets, as a franchise, are moving in the right direction.

Btw CanonFire, welcome... awesome to have another Jackets fan on the board!!!

Last edited:
They are playing great but that PDO will definitely come down. The sv% likely comes down a bit and the shooting % will definitely come down a fair bit.

They are a good team though and I think they easily make the playoffs and can be a threat.

I agree. Truthfully... I think their powerplay and resilience has been the biggest contributors to their success so far this season, though. I've never seen the Jackets, in their entire franchise history, play with such a (seemingly) care free confidence. They seem to be an offensive threat at all times right now. Even strength, man advantages, and shorthanded even. And, unlike in the past, if they're trailing... rather than it being over, they're battling back. It's really refreshing.

Like I said, their youth and inexperience leads me to believe that while they'll have a good season and likely make the playoffs, they'll be a contender, but (in my opinion) won't make it past the conference finals if they get that far. I'm not trying to be negative, but they've still got some growing to do. That said, this season is a serious improvement from the past and I'm extremely excited for the future.

I wouldn't doubt that they're capable of going all the way even. They have that kind of talent and energy. If they stay healthy they are a serious threat.

^ They're just killin' it right now! I don't ever want this streak to end!

I wouldn't doubt that they're capable of going all the way even. They have that kind of talent and energy. If they stay healthy they are a serious threat.

I wouldn't be disappointed if you're right! :smilewinkgrin:

Sixteen straight. I'm still so amazed by what I'm witnessing. Their power play is just SO DAMN DANGEROUS!

Right??? They'll be trying to tie the record tomorrow night against Washington. *fingers crossed*

We Just played them (Hurricanes) They were Dangerous in the third Fast and seem to get the puck where it's dangerous. Not looking towards facing them 2 more times in 12 days.

Back