• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MLB Protected Lists 2017

Just a heads up, people need to be picking up their prospects/players as they draft while dropping players to be roster compliant.

If you have 30 prospects & draft someone, you have to drop someone and pick up your new player....as anyone outside that 30 (or 25 for main roster) are draft eligible.

Can't own over 55 players once the draft starts.

I always forget how this works. We can drop unprotected players when we draft someone? Or do we have to drop protected players?

I always forget how this works. We can drop unprotected players when we draft someone? Or do we have to drop protected players?

From what I understood what I was told when I joined last year:
Your roster is 55 for the duration of the draft. If you are at 55, when you draft someone, you need to drop someone, but don't need to "unprotect" more people. So presumably you drop your unprotected players first, as they're likely the guys you like least, and that's fine.

I guess the caveat with this is obviously is you still need to keep the right majors/minors mix. So when I drafted Thames, I can't just drop a minor leaguer for him if my majors list was full, I've got to be able to add him in to my fantrax roster at the same time.

Okay so we can drop an unprotected player and not have to expose anyone from my protected list.

Okay so we can drop an unprotected player and not have to expose anyone from my protected list.

Correct. The purpose of unprotected lists is to serve as a kind of free agency. Exposing 5 players fulfills that purpose. Don't need to keep exposing new players.

Back