• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Realistically we're missing a top pairing LHD and a 1C and 2C. Those are big pieces.

Another top 4 LHD would be nice too.

Realistically we're missing a top pairing LHD and a 1C and 2C. Those are big pieces.

Yes . . . and we're missing more than that. Watch the Pens and Preds. and you'll see we're years away from them. Years.

Yes . . . and we're missing more than that. Watch the Pens and Preds. and you'll see we're years away from them. Years.

Yeah, we get a top pairing LHD, a 1 and 2 center and a top 4 defenseman and that makes us a average team in the playoffs.

The elite ones would still eat us.

Crosby and company are more or less doing what Lebron and company have done to the NBA for the past few seasons. Made the conference insanely hard to get out of.

All that plus 1 more top 6 scorer

All the above are your core players .....we have mainly the secondary support pieces

That why our task every summer is monumental

Yeah, we get a top pairing LHD, a 1 and 2 center and a top 4 defenseman and that makes us a average team in the playoffs.

The elite ones would still eat us.

Crosby and company are more or less doing what Lebron and company have done to the NBA for the past few seasons. Made the conference insanely hard to get out of.

Its pathetic how weak we are in all areas . Even watching the depth of non dominant but good teams like Columbus .....we arent in their league.

I don't really think we need much more than that, except for a new coach as well, ours is past due.

We're set in goal, we have plenty of wingers. We're missing 2 centers and 2 D.

Max-1C-Galchenyuk
Drouin-2C-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
Hudon-DLR-Shaw
Sherback, Deslauriers

LHD-Weber
LHD-Petry
Mete-Juulsen
(Alzner, Benn, Schlemko, Lernout, Reilly)

Price
Niemi

It's a pretty good lineup if we find the right pieces to plug in the giant holes.

Even if Max is traded, it's still a good lineup. Is it good enough to beat Pittsburgh? Hard to say, maybe not, no team have been able to do it in the last 2 years. But it would definitely be good enough to seriously compete.

I don't really think we need much more than that, except for a new coach as well, ours is past due.

Max-1C-Galchenyuk
Drouin-2C-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
Hudon-DLR-Shaw
Sherback, Deslauriers

LHD-Weber
LHD-Petry
Mete-Juulsen

Price
Niemi

It's a pretty good lineup if we find the right pieces to plug in the giant holes.

Even if Max is traded, it's still a good lineup. Is it good enough to beat Pittsburgh? Hard to say, maybe not, no team have been able to do it in the last 2 years. But it would definitely be good enough to seriously compete.

Yeah...how to fill those holes? No prospects. No free agents of worth coming here. A scouting department that hasn't delivered in years, and a development system in Laval that is a raging tire fire.

Those 4 holes might as well be 23.

Bergevin has never been able to fill major holes via trade. Subban vs Weber and Sergachev vs Drouin did nothing to get us closer to the Cup.

Yeah...how to fill those holes? No prospects. No free agents of worth coming here. A scouting department that hasn't delivered in years, and a development system in Laval that is a raging tire fire.

Oh I completely agree. I was just saying we don't need half a team, we need 3-4 major players in critical positions.

Max-1C-Galchenyuk
Drouin-2C-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
Hudon-DLR-Shaw
Sherback, Deslauriers

LHD-Weber
LHD-Petry
Mete-Juulsen

Price
Niemi

Keep dreaming.

All it takes is Price to get hot in the playoffs.........for once.

Keep dreaming.

I'm not, have you seen the size of those holes? We would need to fill them without creating new ones.

That being said, let's say we do the rumored trade with Minny, sign Tavares and draft Dahlin (I'm dreaming I know), things suddenly don't look so bad.

Drouin-Tavares-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Eriksson Ek-Coyle
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-DLR-Sherbak
Deslauriers

Brodin-Weber
Dahlin-Petry
Mete-Juulsen

Price
Niemi

Second line is still a bit weak though.

Oh I completely agree. I was just saying we don't need half a team, we need 3-4 major players in critical positions.

that is half a team. add 4 impact players to the 4-5 we already have. Sprinkle in Danaults and Byrons as needed.

No prospects? Poehling and Evans say hello. Poehling especially is getting great reviews so far. Evans is not far behind. Have a little faith dude and a bit less negativity. If Markov and Radulov would have stayed we probably would be watching playoff hockey right now.

No prospects? Poehling and Evans say hello. Poehling especially is getting great reviews so far. Evans is not far behind. Have a little faith dude and a bit less negativity. If Markov and Radulov would have stayed we probably would be watching playoff hockey right now.

Every prospect looks promising until they spend 6 minutes in laval

Back