• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Ryan Johansen get 2 games for a baseball wing to the head.

Reminder: Byron (With 0 priors) gets 3 games

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I see that my anti-tanking solution of giving equals lottery odds to non-playoff teams is also popular with others http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/alexandre-pratt-suggere-dabolir-le-repechage/.

The budget cap/free agent thing (similar to MLB) is interesting as well but wouldn't work with NCAA players.

I still like my idea-random draw,all teams first round. Yes, all these ideas are better than the evil tanking culture. How come we are just getting around to seeing some chat about this now I wonder....tanking has been around awhile I would think....they were talking of Pittsburgh doing it in the 84 draft. Only seems to be recently a concern has been noted, perhaps because it has become for some reason a more planned strategy-unload,rebuild.....

Last edited:
I still like my idea-random draw,all teams first round. Yes, all these ideas are better than the evil tanking culture. How come we are just getting around to seeing some chat about this now I wonder....tanking has been around awhile I would think....they were talking of Pittsburgh doing it in the 84 draft. Only seems to be recently a concern has been noted, perhaps because it has become for some reason a more planned strategy-unload,rebuild.....
You and I have been mostly on the same page regarding this issue but we're diverging on the solution. My goal is simply to end tanking which my solution will achieve. Your solution goes further but without any obvious additional benefit expect potentially creating a few more dynasties.

You and I have been mostly on the same page regarding this issue but we're diverging on the solution. My goal is simply to end tanking which my solution will achieve. Your solution goes further but without any obvious additional benefit expect potentially creating a few more dynasties.

They would be random dynasties though (LOL), and smart management would still apply for the teams that win the lottery to do something with those picks (salary cap strategy etc.) The added benefit that it does not reward in any way continuous piss poor management (e.g. Edmonton) of teams that would continue to fumble year after year and would be constantly in the pool for picks. Teams would revert to the natural order after the first round...that's reward enough for them.

Of course you, I and eveyone else knows this strategy would never be adopted, so yours (and other variations)may have a better chance.

Last edited:
How about an even more radical version that I've mentioned before where the draft order is a complete reversal-first pick goes to Ciup winner, down to last pick to last place team.For those who like dynasties, and also puts to boots to stupidity:smilewinkgrin: Also since the cap would still apply, teams at the top would be forced to deal some of their riches...smart GMs at the lower end could benefit by making astute deals etc. etc.

Couldn't work of course because it would put some teams out of business. Which in itself wouldn't be a bad idea. Back to plan A or other.

Seriously, I found even I was leaning towards hoping for a loss (almost) towards the end last year, and had to give up watching the games as a result. I don't ever want to be in that position as a fan.

Last edited:
How about an even more radical version that I've mentioned before where the draft order is a complete reversal-first pick goes to Ciup winner, down to last pick to last place team.For those who like dynasties, and also puts to boots to stupidity:smilewinkgrin: Also since the cap would still apply, teams at the top would be forced to deal some of their riches...smart GMs at the lower end could benefit by making astute deals etc. etc.

Couldn't work of course because it would put some teams out of business. Which in itself wouldn't be a bad idea. Back to plan A or other.

Seriously, I found even I was leaning towards hoping for a loss (almost) towards the end last year, and had to give up watching the games as a result. I don't ever want to be in that position as a fan.

Jesperi Kotkaniemi

If playoffs are all that matter, shouldn't the habs be tanking rather than get their ass handed to them by Tampa?

You need playoff experience to become a winner, you don’t just go from being a pitiful hockey team to making the playoffs and winning.

I think there’s alot of value to making the playoffs with a young team and learning as to what it takes to win a series.

You need playoff experience to become a winner, you don’t just go from being a pitiful hockey team to making the playoffs and winning.

I think there’s alot of value to making the playoffs with a young team and learning as to what it takes to win a series.

There is value to make the playoffs but with turnover every summer there is no momentum heading into next season .

Too many variables during the season such as injuries and player performances .

There is value to make the playoffs but with turnover every summer there is no momentum heading into next season .

Too many variables during the season such as injuries and player performances .

I think there are long term fixtures with this group that will be here for the next seven years or until they hit early 30’s

There is tremendous benefit to getting guys like Domi, Drouin, JK, Danault, Lehkonen, Mete playoff experience.

I also think that Gallagher, Weber, Byron, Petry are all part of the retool.

i think there will be some more turnover but at least there will be less

I think there are long term fixtures with this group that will be here for the next seven years or until they hit early 30’s

There is tremendous benefit to getting guys like Domi, Drouin, JK, Danault, Lehkonen, Mete playoff experience.

I also think that Gallagher, Weber, Byron, Petry are all part of the retool.

i think there will be some more turnover but at least there will be less

I disagree , other than KK I don’t see any young player on this roster a fixture here til his 30’s .

We don’t have a front line player other than maybe KK one day. The majority of our players are secondary support or depth players .

These players are required but getting playoff experience isn’t a big deal .

It’s your star type core leaders that carry the load . If you don’t have them Dano isn’t going to make a difference .

Guenzel or Hornquist don’t matter if Sid , Malkin and Kessel aren’t on your roster .

I disagree , other than KK I don’t see any young player on this roster a fixture here til his 30’s .

We don’t have a front line player other than maybe KK one day. The majority of our players are secondary support or depth players .

These players are required but getting playoff experience isn’t a big deal .

It’s your star type core leaders that carry the load . If you don’t have them Dano isn’t going to make a difference .

Guenzel or Hornquist don’t matter if Sid , Malkin and Kessel aren’t on your roster .

I think Domi will be here for a long time and as much as Drouin has had his issues I don't think they will give up on him when you have talent like that, they will work on his issues with regards to puck management.

I don't see Danault going anywhere he's every coaches perfect third line center and he seems to be getting better and better with each passing year he stays healthy.

Playoff experience is valuable to the group as a whole, not just core guys.

It's a complete different animal than the regular season and there's tons of benefit to knowing what it takes to get through the highs and lows of a 7 game series as a team.

Back