• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

From Minny beat writer:

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
Being told by multiple sources that #mnwild forward Charlie Coyle has been told that he has been traded but not to where yet.

Has been told not to get on his plane, his equipment has been taken off the truck
5:37 PM · Feb 20, 2019 · TweetDeck

Joe McDonald
@JoeyMacHockey
Hearing Bruins are front-runners on Coyle. Other teams made the call today too.
5:52 PM · Feb 20, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Yoda has officially tweeted:

Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Charlie Coyle is heading to the Boston Bruins.
5:58 PM · Feb 20, 2019 · Twitter for iPad

Wonder what Minny would offer for homeboy Poehling?

Would want Greenway + Brodin in a return package for Poehling + 1st?

This Drouin hate is getting ridiculous. Yeah he takes games off but he’s worth way more than our mid to late round first.

Not hate. Just becoming clear we likely can’t win with this guy so why drag it out à la Chucky and Max.

2 completely different scenarios LOL. Pacioretty was a guy who was solid defensively and even played on the PK. He was used late game to close out... hence the opportunity for EN goals. Galchenyuk? Not so much.

Anyway, Drouin is the new Kovalev. People will ignore his offense because of his brain cramps while lauding defensive plugs playing half the minutes and putting up a quarter of the points.

This idea that you "can't win" with certain players is ridiculous. There's a loooooooong list of shitty, soft, inconsistent, ect players that have their name on the Cup.

Drouin is far from perfect... but he's not going to prevent you from winning. Trading him away instead of a late 1st round pick puts you further away from a Cup. I mean it's not like we have to get rid of his salary to make room for someone better. We can acquire players and keep him.

2 completely different scenarios LOL. Pacioretty was a guy who was solid defensively and even played on the PK. He was used late game to close out... hence the opportunity for EN goals. Galchenyuk? Not so much.

Anyway, Drouin is the new Kovalev. People will ignore his offense because of his brain cramps while lauding defensive plugs playing half the minutes and putting up a quarter of the points.

Kovy was a tank with a higher skill level and put up some monster years .

You can`t ignore JD`s offense cause if he doesn't bring it to the table there is nothing to his game.

I would rather have Dano in a second who gets no pp time and produces almost as much .

Plays a 200 foot game , kills penalties and is responsible defensively .

JD needs to give us much more and is nearly 24 .

Dude is barely in the top 75 in points ....not good enough

Kovalev didn’t have a monster season until his 9th NHL season surrounded by the likes of Mario Lemieux, Jagr, Straka, Lang etc

Drouin is currently 3 points away from tying Kovalevs highest point total in Kovalevs 5 1/2 seasons with Montreal.And he is doing it without any power play!

I want him to improve, but I am personally happy with his progress this year.

Back