• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Rumoured Poehling for Theodore deal...if we can move a young player for even slightly less young player to fill top pairing LD I would do it. Betted chance of landing a qualify top 6 UFA forward than D.

Theodore is also locked up for 7 years at about 5.2 mil/per

I would try and push a package including Mete or Juulsen along with a roster player

Theodore is also locked up for 7 years at about 5.2 mil/per

I would try and push a package including Mete or Juulsen along with a roster player

He is exactly what we need . Size , wheels , a puck mover and locked up at the right age

Mete and Juulsen are worthless right now . We don't have a roster player they would want since we aren't moving KK .

RP is exactly what Vegas would be looking for . Not saying I would make the deal but shit Theodore would be awesome with Weber

Not a fan of trading Poehling, I think he's going to be a good one but I understand that you have to give to get.

I also hate giving valuable assets for players that we could have drafted or had last year for cheap, but that's more of a reflection on our poor decisions of the past.

He is exactly what we need . Size , wheels , a puck mover and locked up at the right age

Mete and Juulsen are worthless right now . We don't have a roster player they would want since we aren't moving KK .

RP is exactly what Vegas would be looking for . Not saying I would make the deal but shit Theodore would be awesome with Weber

I don't think Mete or Juulsen are worthless, simply that they don't have the value to fetch a Theodore.

Not a fan of trading Poehling, I think he's going to be a good one but I understand that you have to give to get.

I also hate giving valuable assets for players that we could have drafted or had last year for cheap, but that's more of a reflection on our poor decisions of the past.

I agree....

We should never have to trade top prospects for a dmen unless it's a true #1-2.....#3-4 dmen can be found later in the draft....but top end talented centers, those usually go in the top 10. So if we draft one late in the first round like Poehling, you keep them.

I'm even baffled at why we need to trade assets for bottom pairing dmen like Schlemko or Benn.....those spots should be filled from the prospect pool/AHL....and allowed to work through their rookie mistakes

I don't think Mete or Juulsen are worthless, simply that they don't have the value to fetch a Theodore.

Agreed....

But in today's NHL, guys like Mete-Juulsen are worth a lot to a team like MTL....they fill 2 spots on your 2nd-3rd dmen pairing for cheap, unlike guys like Alzner-Schlemko-Benn. I think Bergevin finally got the message this past summer.

Joe Smith
@JoeSmithTB
With Slater Koekkoek trade - which #TBLightning hasn’t officially announced yet - Tampa Bay will have dealt six of their last eight first round picks (Koekkoek, Howden, DeAngelo, Drouin, Namestnikov, Connolly). Only Foote + Vasilevskiy remain from 1st rnders picked in Yzerman era

6:02 PM · Jan 11, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Joe Smith
@JoeSmithTB
With Slater Koekkoek trade - which #TBLightning hasn’t officially announced yet - Tampa Bay will have dealt six of their last eight first round picks (Koekkoek, Howden, DeAngelo, Drouin, Namestnikov, Connolly). Only Foote + Vasilevskiy remain from 1st rnders picked in Yzerman era

6:02 PM · Jan 11, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

I thought that 1st round pick was the only way to be successful...

Back