• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

He is exactly what we need . Size , wheels , a puck mover and locked up at the right age

Mete and Juulsen are worthless right now . We don't have a roster player they would want since we aren't moving KK .

RP is exactly what Vegas would be looking for . Not saying I would make the deal but shit Theodore would be awesome with Weber

We don’t need another Shea on the team. Too confusing.

Ovy also has 3 Hart awards, Crosby has 2.

Nobody will ever say Ovy is better than Crosby....but Ovy is truly one of the all time greats. Can’t deny his stats and awards.....
Agreed, for years it was Sid or Ovie... At this point I see no reason to neg one of them because you like the other. They've both had phenomenal careers and are 2 of the all time greats. I think Crosby is in the top 5 all time. Ovechkin isn't quite there but he's top 10ish and statistically speaking he flat out is the greatest goal scorer of all time. Some will argue with adjusted scoring but it really is the only way to compare across eras.

Bossy for me remains the best pure scorer...but at this point u can truly make an argument for both...

As for Crosby being top 5....not sure

Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Howe, Rocket, Beliveau....heck I’d even take Messier before Crosby if i was starting a team...

9 straight seasons of 50+ goals before having to retire...

Which stats matter more than goals when we are debating pure goal scorer ?

9 straight seasons of 50+ goals before having to retire...

Which stats matter more than goals when we are debating pure goal scorer ?

Exactly... nobody in history has outscored his peers by more than Ovechkin.

Bossy was awesome... and had a great career. He lead the league in goals 2 times. Ovechkin with 7... so far.

Exactly... nobody in history has outscored his peers by more than Ovechkin.

Bossy was awesome... and had a great career. He lead the league in goals 2 times. Ovechkin with 7... so far.

That’s what happens when u play at the same time as Gretzky and Lemieux at their absolute peak....

Ovy had to compete with the likes of Iggy, Vinny, Perry, Crosby, Stamkos for top goal scorers every year

That’s what happens when u play at the same time as Gretzky and Lemieux at their absolute peak....

Ovy had to compete with the likes of Iggy, Vinny, Perry, Crosby, Stamkos for top goal scorers every year

It seems you don't believe that "adjusted scoring" is an actual stat. It is... and Ovechkin is the leader in adjusted goals per game by a decent amount.

Bossy, Gretzky, Mario were all phenomenal goal scorers... but they also played in an era that goals were significantly easier to come by.

It seems you don't believe that "adjusted scoring" is an actual stat. It is... and Ovechkin is the leader in adjusted goals per game by a decent amount.

Bossy, Gretzky, Mario were all phenomenal goal scorers... but they also played in an era that goals were significantly easier to come by.

Bossy, Gretzky, Mario would have dominated the goal scoring column even today....unlike Ovy, they didn’t need others to set them up for goals....some players transcend era’s...Lemieux missed 1/3 of the season and still won the scoring title in 93...

Why use the available stats when you can just make up your own version of what would have happened if we had time travel?

I am using stats...9 straight 50 goal seasons, in the same era as Gretzky-Lemieux....even they couldn’t match that

Ovy has years where he had 32 and 38 goals....

It doesn’t matter if u throw the ajusted stats argument....it’s just another stat people use to “try” and compare different era.

I’d rather say: he played at the same time as Gretzky and Lemieux at their absolute peak, and he still pumped out 9 straight 50 goal seasons, and would probably have had more if not for injuries that forced him to retire.

If u wanna use adjusted stats or whatever, let’s also assume if he had today’s trainers, nutritionists, equipments, medical staff, who knows how even better he would have been. Guys like Bossy had a much higher hockey IQ than Ovy.

I am not bashing Ovy....i said i considered him and Bossy as the best at scoring goals.

Why do you take offense to that and absolutely want to have the last word that Ovy is the best ???

Bossy wasn’t the best skater man, he’d have trouble in todays game I think.

If we use that example, Gretzky, although a better skater than Bossy, would also have trouble in today’s game where everyone is allowed to touch you, and u can’t skate 2 seconds without getting hit. Just ask guys like Crosby, Ovy, Matthews, McDavid...

If that’s the case, the only 3 players that i think could’ve dominated in all era’s would be Howe-Believeau-Lemieux. They have the size, strength, IQ, speed....rare combination

Last edited:
Gretzky was far smarter than Bossy on the ice and was a better skater.

Also, Lemieux and Bossy didn’t really play in the same era, Bossy was finishing up his career while Lemieux was beginning. Hockey changed drastically in the 90s.

What do the era adjusted stats show?

Don’t get me wrong here, I watched Bossy play and he was an incredible shooter but I just don’t think you can dismiss the dominance Ovi has shown.

Back