• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Dominant players would be dominant in any era.

GW in your opinion how many points would Mario of gotten from 2011-2017 on average per year .

With barely 50 goal or 100 point scorers since then , would he have been in the same scale of the elite or head and shoulders above them

GW in your opinion how many points would Mario of gotten from 2011-2017 on average per year .

With barely 50 goal or 100 point scorers since then , would he have been in the same scale of the elite or head and shoulders above them

If he was healthy?

43GP 35G 41A 76PT in 2001-02

In a similar goals per game season (2.5X) as from 2011-17.

So in his prime years if healthy he would probably average about what he did in 1995-96 (2.70 GPG) of 69G 92A 161PT (only in 82 games not 70)

If he was healthy?

43GP 35G 41A 76PT in 2001-02

In a similar goals per game season (2.5X) as from 2011-17.

So in his prime years if healthy he would probably average about what he did in 1995-96 (2.70 GPG) of 69G 92A 161PT (only in 82 games not 70)

Wow , your saying he would be obliterating the rest of the league in those years .

So if Sid got a 100 , he would be 60 points better in those years off difficulty to produce ?

Wow , your saying he would be obliterating the rest of the league in those years .

So if Sid got a 100 , he would be 60 points better in those years off difficulty to produce ?

If healthy. Yes.

He had 41 more points than sakic in 1996 and Sakic played 12 more games.

Well his size alone made him difficult to defend. Throw in his whining to the officials after his cancer if a player got within 5 feet of him and sure 150 pts. Gretzky probably 160 or so

I'm with worm. He came out of retirement with no training whatsoever and led the league in ppg. At 37 years old he finished 8th in scoring and 2nd in ppg, just barely behind Forsberg. Mario healthy in his prime would get 160-170 pts right now. There is no one in the league right now close to his talent.

I'm with worm. He came out of retirement with no training whatsoever and led the league in ppg. At 37 years old he finished 8th in scoring and 2nd in ppg, just barely behind Forsberg. Mario healthy in his prime would get 160-170 pts right now. There is no one in the league right now close to his talent.

Interesting debate and points of view . I figured with the so called adjusted numbers of eras the gap wouldn’t be that much with the elite today and vice versa if CMD played in the Mario era.

The Sabres have placed Patrik Berglund on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract.

He had more than $10M still owed on a deal running through 2021-22.

I don't really understand when you can terminate a contract and when you can't. We were able to terminate Plek's but not Alzner's... they can terminate Berglund's.

I assume if the player refuses to report then it can be terminated.

Back