• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Nobody cares about the real money. It's the $6.98m cap hit that matters.

Sure it does . For cheapskates or floor teams like Zona and others saving 1.4 mil in real money is huge .

The cap isn’t an issue for bottom feeders . This contract now will appeal to all teams

For what team?

If Leafs trade Nylander, they are getting a lot back. This continued idea the Leafs are so screwed is very funny. The Habs would love to have this issue.
That Nylander contract makes his value even higher the way it is structured. even a budget-conscious poor team would want him.

If Leafs trade Nylander, they are getting a lot back. This continued idea the Leafs are so screwed is very funny. The Habs would love to have this issue.
That Nylander contract makes his value even higher the way it is structured. even a budget-conscious poor team would want him.
you haven't signed your two real stars yet for 23 million per total.

I'm sure boy wonder will figure it out but PN and Mm will want big $$$

What is the going rate for a 7 mil a season 20 goal scorer? Especially one that sits out till Dec on his team at such a young age. Head case.

If he can leach off AM he could be that player. If he gets moved to a shit team he will struggle to put those numbers .

I fully expect a trade at the draft . I think the smile on Dubas was a fake for what is to come

Yup. Many of the talking heads in Toronto also seem to think he will be traded. The team has so much talent up front they need to balance it out on the back end.

He better perform. Being a malcontent hold out is bad enough. Eating up cap space and being a problem child would be a disaster.

What is the going rate for a 7 mil a season 20 goal scorer? Especially one that sits out till Dec on his team at such a young age. Head case.

the going rate for a guy who hit 50 points once in 5 seasons with Drouin in a smaller cap situation was 5.5 million, so 6.9 seems about right for a guy who hit 61 points both of his first 2 NHL seasons.
Drouin would be our 8th best player I guess.

If he can leach off AM he could be that player. If he gets moved to a shit team he will struggle to put those numbers .

I fully expect a trade at the draft . I think the smile on Dubas was a fake for what is to come
Or he can get moved to a crappy team and get much more ice-time like his peers are on other teams and score even more.

Or he can get moved to a crappy team and get much more ice-time like his peers are on other teams and score even more.

I will disagree on that one . Shit teams barely have a 60 point player . Chilly Willy will be hard pressed to overachieve in those cities. Go to Zona and put 80 points and carry the team

That's cause shitty teams don't usually have 60, 70, 80 point players. When good players go to shitty teams they usually put up a good amount of points there too.

That's cause shitty teams don't usually have 60, 70, 80 point players. When good players go to shitty teams they usually put up a good amount of points there too.

Still waiting for Galchenyuk and others to put up numbers when a change of scenery was all they needed and sent to meh teams .

Nice to see Elias Lindholm average a point a game playing on a top line with stars in Calgary while barely getting .50 points a game in Carolina .

Still waiting for Galchenyuk and others to put up numbers when a change of scenery was all they needed and sent to meh teams .

Nice to see Elias Lindholm average a point a game playing on a top line with stars in Calgary while barely getting .50 points a game in Carolina .

The mistake Arizona made right off the bat is assuming he can be a center.

Simply put he can't, he does not have the capacity to be a center in all three zones, only in the offensive zone

The mistake Arizona made right off the bat is assuming he can be a center.

Simply put he can't, he does not have the capacity to be a center in all three zones, only in the offensive zone

Agreed but stats are harder to get on bad teams especially those cheap secondary assists .

Point is leaching of Matthews is easier than taking passes from Zibanajed and trying to get 80 points .

I will disagree on that one . Shit teams barely have a 60 point player . Chilly Willy will be hard pressed to overachieve in those cities. Go to Zona and put 80 points and carry the team

I look at NHL scoring from last season and this season and I don't see that.
FYI Clayton Keller had 65 points last season with Arizona.

So Nylander is off to a better star in his career than Nate Mackinnon and Kucherov, but it's a all a fluke? Will you say the same of Miko Rantanen now?

Back