• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rule Changes

I don't have strong opinions on the issues discussed, slightly prefer daily changes, and head-to-head seems to work fine. Not sure about the salary retention, may be a little hard to manage but I'd be up for experimenting with it. Definitely a good idea to discuss potential ideas to drum up more in-season interest in the league. Daily changes & head-to-head help with that, I think.

Something definitely needed to be done about the GP. I haven't crunched any numbers to see what the ideal # would be, but it is possible 72 or 75 would be better than 70? I have no idea, just asking. Just as we want to prevent streaming, we also don't want to have to bench a bunch of guys because we're over the max too early.

Right now it's 2 weekly matchups. Could that be changed to 3 in Fantrax, and would that add any value? Maybe increase the value of doing well each week a little?

I don't have strong opinions on the issues discussed, slightly prefer daily changes, and head-to-head seems to work fine. Not sure about the salary retention, may be a little hard to manage but I'd be up for experimenting with it. Definitely a good idea to discuss potential ideas to drum up more in-season interest in the league. Daily changes & head-to-head help with that, I think.
Yeah we'll stay with H2H and daily changes... but we'll set it up so any roster moves (adds/drops) will only be available for the next scoring period. This will serious limit streaming.

Salary retention is very easy to track. You can set individual salary caps... so we can just change people's cap allowance after each trade. No biggie.

Something definitely needed to be done about the GP. I haven't crunched any numbers to see what the ideal # would be, but it is possible 72 or 75 would be better than 70? I have no idea, just asking. Just as we want to prevent streaming, we also don't want to have to bench a bunch of guys because we're over the max too early.
We use 70 in another league and if you play a full lineup every day you'll usually hit the 70 games... maybe 72. But it should be in that range imo.

Right now it's 2 weekly matchups. Could that be changed to 3 in Fantrax, and would that add any value? Maybe increase the value of doing well each week a little?

I believe we can up it to 3 or 4 or more if we like. I don't know what value there would be in it. In theory, the more matchups you have, the more accurate the standings should be. I'd be game for trying 3.

Have we landed on anything here? The two that seem to be unanimous are the GP limit being reduced & salary retention being a part of trades.

Most were in favor of sticking with H2H and daily changes.

What about weekly matchups? Are we staying with two or changing to three?

Also, a small thing, but can we end the fantasy season a week earlier? Would really reduce the randomness the last week brings with players sitting after clinching. I know WTM dealt with it too, but man I got ****ed hard in the final with benchings and "injuries". Should do it in the other league too, imo

Also, a small thing, but can we end the fantasy season a week earlier? Would really reduce the randomness the last week brings with players sitting after clinching. I know WTM dealt with it too, but man I got ****ed hard in the final with benchings and "injuries". Should do it in the other league too, imo

+1

That's a good idea. I like the idea of ending the season a week early. That cost me the title in our other league last year.

Have we landed on anything here? The two that seem to be unanimous are the GP limit being reduced & salary retention being a part of trades.

Most were in favor of sticking with H2H and daily changes.

What about weekly matchups? Are we staying with two or changing to three?

I think we've settled on GP limits, salary retention, and sticking with H2H and daily changes. However, any players added mid week will not be eligible for your lineup till the following week.

Good questions on the matchups. Is everyone cool with trying 3?

So, with this new weekly/daily lineup change setting, we can only make two moves at a time? Annoying.

Added an FA last night (Sunday), who doesn't seem to appear on my roster until next Monday. This is silly, and reminds me that I think i read somewhere about FA's not getting added until the following week.

Is that really necessary? There's already a cap on weekly adds, and on weekly GP. Plus this is a daily league. Not to mention the fact that today is the start of the next weekly matchup. Unless i'm missing something, really think that "next week" rule should be removed.

I just changed it back, but Brodzinski still isn't showing up on Axl's lineup until next Monday. Hmm.

Just a reminder to everyone. We have a maximum of 64 games (combined forwards and defense) and 6 goalie games per week.

I suppose we should actually call it 70 total games, with a maximum of 6 goalie games. So in theory you could go 67 skater games and 3 goalie games.

That seems fair to me.

I like the 70 GP with the goalie max of 6. Anything not used for goalies can be rolled over to skaters.

Back