• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Maple Leafs scout charged with taking stolen golf cart on drunken joy ride

BKerr

Banned
http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/27/m...ged-taking-stolen-golf-cart-drunken-joy-ride/

A scout with the Toronto Maple Leafs was arrested over the weekend after deputies say he got drunk, stole a golf cart at Darien Lake, hit another vehicle and left the scene of the accident, according to the Genesee County Sheriff's Office.

The chain of events took place at 9993 Alleghany Road in Darien Center. Deputies say Lindsay I. Hofford, 53, of Nobleton, Ont., took the cart at about 11:40 p.m. Saturday.

Last edited:
Re: Maple Leafs scout charged with taking stolen golf cart from Darien Lake on drunke

Well, that was dumb.

Not sure this really needs its own thread though.

I wish this man well in his future endeavours. Where I have no problem with drunken shenanigans, unless this guy is an incredible scout, I don't see Lou standing for this type of thing.

I wish this man well in his future endeavours. Where I have no problem with drunken shenanigans, unless this guy is an incredible scout, I don't see Lou standing for this type of thing.

One of the charges against him is "improper lane change"... which tells me that he took the golf cart off of the park grounds and onto the street. At that point, its no longer "drunken shenanigans"... its endangering lives (His own at the very least).

One of the charges against him is "improper lane change"... which tells me that he took the golf cart off of the park grounds and onto the street. At that point, its no longer "drunken shenanigans"... its endangering lives (His own at the very least).

:lol

endangering lives. Jesus. You people won't stop until the entire world is Nerf.

53 is kind of old to be doing this sort of thing. Like 30 years too old. Probably a fun guy to have a beer or 10 with.

Ya if you read that story and think "that man endangered lives" instead of "that's hilarious. What a fantastic drunken idiot" you might need to lighten up.

FWIW, the scout in question is Lindsay Hoffard. He was a long-time member of the London Knights front office before joining the Leafs, and he's also the scout that first pointed Hunter towards Mitch Marner.

Think of all the children outside playing around midnight while this maniac terrorized the streets at 20 KM/H!

Lock him up and throw away the key!

When you have a golf cart and are driving it wildly and unpredictably on a highway... it causes an issue for other cars trying to avoid you.

Also.at midnight they arent going to see you til the last second either.

Your also at least endangering yourself cause if a car going 60 mph smacks the golf cart... its going to do damage.

Last edited:
Yeah. After one of my friends in high school died cause they decided to bike home drunk and cut in front of a car and got killed... ive been a real downer about people being on roads when they are drunk as ****.

How dare i be like... driving drunk is probably a bad idea.

It was a ****ing bike. Not a motorcycle. But cause he was drunk he lost control and cut into the road and got hit.

FWIW, the scout in question is Lindsay Hoffard. He was a long-time member of the London Knights front office before joining the Leafs, and he's also the scout that first pointed Hunter towards Mitch Marner.

In that case, I will supply him w8th a 26er and a golf cart so he can continue on his way.

Back