• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Simon Boisvert's final top-31 rankings. Not for those who don't like comformist views.

Also worth reading his reasoning behind his ranking in the twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/simonsnake70/status/1005089376261591041

DfLLbY3VMAAftbB.jpg:large

interesting
Bokk?

any idea how his picks have looked in hindsight from previous drafts?

Without any contract going back to Edmonton I would think 10th overall would be about right to take back that contract.

Apparently they can’t take salary back without losing a young core player (think Chicago).

Copernicus accidentally gave himself leverage by not signing Markov and Radulov. Let’s see if he’s smart enough to take advantage.

interesting
Bokk?

any idea how his picks have looked in hindsight from previous drafts?

He had Robert Thomas ranked 5th or 6th last year, had Eeli Tulvanen ranked 10th. He had Filip Forsberg ranked first overall back in 2012.

He has a pretty good track record.

La Presse speculating it would cost Deadmonton their 1st to take Lucic off their books.

As a starting point, sure.

For the 10th overall pick alone, though, no can do. He has 5 more years, his contract is buyout-proof and his production isn't going to be getting any better.

To take Lucic, I'd need something along the lines of:

2018 1st
2018 2nd
2019 1st (Unprotected)

Short of that, nope, not interested.

As a starting point, sure.

For the 10th overall pick alone, though, no can do. He has 5 more years, his contract is buyout-proof and his production isn't going to be getting any better.

To take Lucic, I'd need something along the lines of:

2018 1st
2018 2nd
2019 1st (Unprotected)

Short of that, nope, not interested.

it is just crazy how bad Lucic was last year

i mean McDavid made Rattie look like an NHLer but could not make Lucic look like one

Lucic played a ton with McDavid and a ton of PP time and still could not produce
He was terrible on the boards especially.

He had Robert Thomas ranked 5th or 6th last year, had Eeli Tulvanen ranked 10th. He had Filip Forsberg ranked first overall back in 2012.

He has a pretty good track record.

curious on the flip side though as well

does he have a top a consensus top 5 pick ranked low and they ended up good

fake example...
did he had draisaitl ranked 10th or something?

but i am getting more adn mroe sold on Hughes

curious on the flip side though as well

does he have a top a consensus top 5 pick ranked low and they ended up good

fake example...
did he had draisaitl ranked 10th or something?

but i am getting more adn mroe sold on Hughes

Last year his top 10 was:

1-Makar 2-Heiskanen 3-Hischier 4-Tippett 5-Thomas 6-Glass 7-Patrick 8-Tolvanen 9-Ikonen 10-Necas

His top 5 2 years ago was:

1-Chychrun 2-Matthews 3-Laine 4-Tkachuk 5-Puljujarvi

So, he's clearly swinging for the fences but he's far from perfect.

How would you make that look like a hockey trade though. Would it be necessary for approval?

For example Mete for Lucic and 1st? Would something like that work?

With the next lockout in 2 years I bet the new CBA will have 2 compliance buyouts , so maybe it wont be that bad for a team to take on that deal

Back