• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. I don't think that picture says anything about his "proclivities." That's not an uncommon 70s look.

B. Who cares if he is gay?

If Vegas wins the cup, would it be a feel good story for the league or a little embrassing by cheapening how hard it is to put a SC winning team together?

If LV wins the cup, it shows the expansion draft rule is seriously flawed and is giving the new team WAY too much advantage

The more important question is whether the knights embarassing the kings will shut up all the talking heads and their GRITASTIC PLAYOFF TOUGHNESS talking points

(Spoiler: it won't.)

I mean the initial exemption list wasn't anything special. McPhee did an amazing job taking advantage of some stupid teams, and I am not sure we can call it easy or repeatable.

There were some good players in the expansion draft (Fleury, Neal, Perron, Miller, Schultz), but most his best players (Marchessault, Karlsson, Smith, Haula) were aquired through great trades and scouting. Not to mention adding a boat load of picks that sets them up to continue this.

Seattle will be hard pressed to match this.

Probably not based on the pro roster alone. But they will get to infuse some high end young talent in Suzuki, Glass and Brannstrom, and they appear to be willing to be very aggressive in going after elite talent almost landing Karlsson at the deadline. McPhee is doing all the right things to build a legit contender there. He is just a good GM. I am much more inclined to give him the credit rather than the system. Most of the rosters built in mock drafts weren't this.

Last edited:
I have watched Vegas a lot this year. I have seen some shit from them, that I haven't even seen Pittsburgh do. Some avant garde stuff going on over there. I don't expect them to regress, if at all. I expect a lot of teams to copy what they are doing. I sure wish Toronto would hire a coach that coached half as well as Gallant.

But no, we have the Saskawatch.

Didn't catch any of the game last night.

What did Doughty do?

Troll clap whenever the Knights got a penalty. Combined with him not accepting responsibility for his headshot suspension.

I could only imagine if Subban pulled what Doughty did.

Only fitting that he screwed up giving the Knights the GWG.

Troll clap whenever the Knights got a penalty. Combined with him not accepting responsibility for his headshot suspension.

I could only imagine if Subban pulled what Doughty did.

Only fitting that he screwed up giving the Knights the GWG.
Meh. That doesn't seem so bad.

But I guess the thing is, I agree with him on the suspension.

I still have no understanding whatsoever on how that play should have even been a penalty, let alone a one-game playoff suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back