• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
what Are McDonaughs fancy stats? My instinct is that if he’s available they should make a strong push.

From another discussion:

2016-2018 Adjusted
P1/60
1. Karlsson - 0.76
2. McDonagh - 0.55
3. Weber - 0.52
4. OEL - 0.38
5. Doughty - 0.38

GameScore/60
1. Karlsson - 1.55
2. Weber - 1.43
3. Doughty - 1.41
4. McDonagh - 0.76
5. OEL - 0.5

CF%
1. Doughty - 54.73
2. Weber - 52.18
3. Karlsson - 50.43
4. OEL - 47.36
5. McDonagh - 46.22

GF%
1. Doughty - 55.17
2. McDonagh - 54.39
3. Weber - 54.39
4. Karlsson - 46.15
5. OEl - 42.19

xGF%
1. Weber - 54.4
2. Doughty - 52.87
3. McDonagh - 50.4
4. Karlsson - 49.9
5. OEL - 44.64

iCF/60
1. Karlsson - 13.59
2. Weber - 12.31
2. OEL - 10.12
4. Doughty - 8.41
5. McDonagh - 8.37

TOI QoC
1. Weber - 29.41
2. McDonagh - 29.31
3. OEL - 29.29
4. Doughty - 29.27
5. Karlsson - 29.12

The only weird thing is the Corsi, but the Rangers have been consistently at bottom of the league in corsi under Vigneault.

SunGarrioch

#Sens may be closing in on a deal with the Kings for Dion Phaneuf. Was likely pulled for precautionary reasons. Remember nothing is done until all the paper work is completed.

Ryan must have been self conscious about being the most overpaid shitty winger in hockey and needed a friend.

Sens save like 500K and get a less playable player.

Kings get a King player that will King well which isn't something anyone other than the Kings do anymore.

Tampa with a second straight loss to the Sabres

That's gotta sting

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Theres gotta be a young piece or pick coming to ott???

The salaries are almost a wash. Gaborik May my even be an nhler. Great move for the kings.

Theres gotta be a young piece or pick coming to ott???

The salaries are almost a wash. Gaborik May my even be an nhler. Great move for the kings.

Ottawa just shuffled around expensive deck chairs and in the end saved 500K, got a guy who cant play, like at all, and gained whatever the upside is on Shore over Thompson.

It's pointless.

They save about a mil next year then 2.5 each of the next two. Or maybe they know gavorik is retiring.

So, you want him bad, have to kick the tires super hard, is the missing piece but you don't want to pay him what he's worth.

This boyhood team shit hasn't happened since they got a 36 year old Gary Roberts with a bad back. It is not a thing.

Super and Parise

It is a thing

I take it back, in terms of cap the team saved 500K or so

but Gaborik's deal was front loaded, they save 8M or so in real cash.
Too funny. Yet another deal where Ottawa's motivation was to save Uncle Euge some cash at the expense of the team's on-ice competitiveness. I think there's honestly a chance that guy will drive the Sens right out of existence.

Though I don't really get the deal from LA's perspective either. I mean, sure, it's a net positive that they've made a cap-neutral swap of a guy who isn't an NHL-calibre player anymore for a guy that still is right now.

But when your team is already a little too old, a little too slow and lacking in the skill department, what exactly does Dion Phaneuf do for your team going forward?

Jagr has something to say about leaving the show. L.A. ? Slow and slower, but if they somehow get in the playoffs, that might, throw everyone off, they are pretty good at that game. Horrible to watch, hope they don't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back