• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Lots of insiders bought Aphria today. Vic himself bought 120,000 shares. Management as a whole bought $3 million worth today.

So that inspires some confidence.

APHA was pretty careless (verging on criminal) with Nuvera. So not totally surprised by the allegations.

Anyway, this is bigger news for the sector. And will outweigh any Aphria related news.

CRONOS CONFIRMS TALKS ON POTENTIAL INVESTMENT BY ALTRIA

I'm an Aphria holder. Just going through all the back-and-forth on /weedstocks.

Have no idea what to make of the situation. Definitely looks like some hinky sh*t going on, but tough to judge how much. I can understand why Aphria had such a non-specific response today. Every word is going to be reviewed over by 3 lawyers and it'll take time to address everything appropriately.

Can't decide if I should divest.

I'm an Aphria holder. Just going through all the back-and-forth on /weedstocks.

Have no idea what to make of the situation. Definitely looks like some hinky sh*t going on, but tough to judge how much. I can understand why Aphria had such a non-specific response today. Every word is going to be reviewed over by 3 lawyers and it'll take time to address everything appropriately.

Can't decide if I should divest.

CH1 pointed out an interesting fact there...the Nuuvera deal went so poorly that it may have been criminally negligent, that just can't be forgotten and is starting to look like a pattern. They skirted the TMX rules in the US and got slapped, and now this...and this is ****ing blatant. I'm personally hoping for an oversold bounce and just unload (I don't hold enough APH to be worried, but I have a little bit). There's now too much downside risk on a play that was supposed to be the "safe" and boring company in the cannabis space. I don't think there's enough potential upside there (they've never been a growth oriented company, their earlyish focus was to cut cost per gram and be the efficient player, not the risk growth driven guys) to justify their downside which now includes the potential of fraud investigations.

[video=youtube;LFtUxderXdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=177&v=LFtUxderXdo&fbclid=IwAR17b-2teDIGq1DE7Wzlh2xeWJz-F12CWvLFpLaEOtXMpjzYI3qWmEHTn3M[/video]

Those videos are garbage. They need to show the licenses.

I took a quick look at their sedar filings and didn’t see much disclosure in the way of material contracts (though those often get mischaracterized or buried with other filings). I guess we’re only a quarter off from the LAM acquisitions so maybe they just haven’t filed yet - we’ll see. Those contracts should at minimum have significant reps around licenses and approvals.

Anyways the shorters put out a hit. Imo there’s some shady stuff going on - aphrias Corp governance is a mess (one independent director!!??!) - but there was a bunch of alarmist conspiratorial stuff in that video that may not hold up under scrutiny (use of shell companies is not on its fade concerning to me; issues with health Canada are unsurprising as well).

Even the corporate office stuff.

The shorters made no inquiry on the diligence side. For example in most cdn jurisdictions corps must have resident cdn directors and a registered head office in Canada. I don’t know what Jamaican law says but that isn’t uncommon outside of Canada and would easily explain the sketchy office space and faceless directors.

The report had a lot of truth to it imo, a lot of exaggeration, and a lot of misunderstanding of how the business works.

That's enough to scare me off. So happy I sold most near ATH.

It wasn’t that the report is untrue, just misleading because I’m not sure that much of what they flagged is particularly concerning. I thought it had a 9/11 Truther vibe to it.

But I don’t want to belabour that point because there are enough concerns about the transactions, valuations and lack of board independence that would scare me off in any event.

I nibbled on some APH for a trade. Stop is close by at today's lows.

DOW pissed. Almost 3% down.

Your Prez doesn't understand how tariffs work. LOL. American biz and consumers are the ones paying the tariffs.

@realDonaldTrump
....I am a Tariff Man. When people or countries come in to raid the great wealth of our Nation, I want them to pay for the privilege of doing so. It will always be the best way to max out our economic power. We are right now taking in $billions in Tariffs. MAKE AMERICA RICH AGAIN

I said months ago that big money wanted to stampede the retail money out for cheap.

They want in and didn't want to pay full price for it. If it wasnt this attack of aphria, it would have been something else. There's been a lot of retail pearl clutching for weeks now.

Be greedy when others are afraid.

Back