• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Bruins 1/6 7PM

Hurricanes appear to really have their Tanabe working in over-drive tonight. Sheesh.
Ward got off cold and Darling is doing his best Eddie Lack impersonation as the cherry on top.
Seven goals against in a game is inexcusable, much less after two periods.
Way to look like you deserve the wild card spot guys.

Oh, and [Polar's word] the Bruins.

Jim

Gotta say Darling not to blame for most of these goals. Canes are just defending poorly and are missing a gear or two.

Glad I didn’t sign up for skate with the canes today. Bet they’re a real jovial bunch after that beat down.

Is there a speed factor for this team? In general, the team usually plays better against better teams, but these beatdowns by the Leafs and Bruins just seem to be teams playing with a lot more speed than us. tripp talks about us being a fast team, but I'm not sure if we are fast defensively. Thoughts?

I will say that if speed is a factor, Tuesday could be ugly. (But with this team, we'll probably win 3-2)

Carolina is neither particularly fast nor slow ... just like they're neither particularly big nor small. We're neither nor in pretty much every category except average age. IMO when they look slow it's either because they aren't skating particularly well or the other team is doing a good job of clogging up the neutral zone, as is almost always the case with Boston. The Leafs are just quick. All through the lineup ... speedy. As is Tampa, so ... yeah. This next one could be ugly.

He doesn't need to impersonate anybody to suck. He just have to be himself. Worst goalie in Canes history.

Don't know if I would call him that yet......but he is sure trending that way. His .893 save percentage is just putrid. Darling may also go down as the worst signing in team history if he can't get it turned around. The Canes have him locked up for another 3 years after this one at $4.15M per in case anyone forgot :)

Assuming Darling doesn't right the ship, what will the Canes do next year in goal? Darling is looking like the new owners first buyout.......

Back