• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #48 | Avs @ Habs | Jan 23th 2018 @ 19:30

If you can get futures for pleks you do it. He's not going to be around when the team gets good again.

1) Plekanec @ $2.5M isn't a bad thing on face but just being on the team will be too much temptation for Julien to overuse him.
2) Plekanec would never accept that offer. He'll get more from some team.

It's time to depend on our youth....they will never learn if you have older vets always in the way.

It's time to depend on our youth....they will never learn if you have older vets always in the way.

the problem is you still need somebody to help the youth develop

pleks for cheap can play those tougher D mins while putting a younger centre in more situations to be successful

the problem is you still need somebody to help the youth develop

pleks for cheap can play those tougher D mins while putting a younger centre in more situations to be successful

Pleks should 100% be traded. He's one of the veterans that you really do have to move before he becomes a UFA and you get nothing.

Pleks should 100% be traded. He's one of the veterans that you really do have to move before he becomes a UFA and you get nothing.

Yup. The cupboard is bare and it needs to be restocked.

Load up on picks. If some of the players you pick pan out you can trade them down the line for what you need.

Yup. The cupboard is bare and it needs to be restocked.

Load up on picks. If some of the players you pick pan out you can trade them down the line for what you need.

you mean like Sergachev for Drouin and McDonagh for Gomez (the players we got back were "needs".)?

I know Plekanec has stated he wants to stay this year and sign for one more year but the fact he is saying means he knows his days are numbered.

I know he has been a whipping boy and rightfully so for a couple of years but part of me will be sad to see him go because he has been a loyal footsoldier for years. He played up and down the lineup, never complaining about ice time, who he was stuck with etc

Teams all need guys like that, no ego guys who do whatever is needed.

I know Plekanec has stated he wants to stay this year and sign for one more year but the fact he is saying means he knows his days are numbered.

I know he has been a whipping boy and rightfully so for a couple of years but part of me will be sad to see him go because he has been a loyal footsoldier for years. He played up and down the lineup, never complaining about ice time, who he was stuck with etc

Teams all need guys like that, no ego guys who do whatever is needed.

Ya. He is clearly not the player he used to be but he was whatever the team asked him to be.
Shutdown centre (in playoffs), top line centre (guy had 70 points a few times)....but he isnt big and physical so people hated him.

Plekanec was fine for many years but his scared play in the playoffs, combined by his drop in offensive skills, makes him less desirable. He can still be useful in a lesser role, but not as a key player like he used to be.

Plekanec was fine for many years but his scared play in the playoffs, combined by his drop in offensive skills, makes him less desirable. He can still be useful in a lesser role, but not as a key player like he used to be.

I would rather a 2nd.

Guys like subban and weber can be found in the second round.

Pleks wil be lucky to score 10 points next year at 37

We need front line talent not retain slugs
Next yr at 36. Unless each yr count as two for you ;)
And i am ready to bet he will have between 20 to 30 points.

Last edited:
Back